PDA

View Full Version : Been given notice today

twiggy
13-08-2009, 10:43 AM
I have just received 4 weeks notice today for B who I have been minding for a year.

I have asked for a 1/2 retainer for the 2/3 days B does not attend as mum works 3 days on and 3 days off which meant she took up a full time space for a maximum use of 3 days. Mum enquiried at a local nursery and they wanted to charge her full fee for 5 days so she has got a family member to have her.

I feel really sad B is going but I now have a full time space to use, I just hope I get some enquiries now.

LittleAcorns
13-08-2009, 11:32 AM
it will be worth it in the long run, you have to stick to your guns if its not financial viable, I have little girl who I look after 21 hours one week but only 7 1/2 hours the other but it suited me because I didnt want another full timer....however now I could really do with charging a retainer for the lost hours hey ho, live and learn

ORKSIE
13-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Hope you fill the space real soon.
Its horrible when you lose a LO after you have had them for a long while.
Hope you get a full timer:thumbsup:

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
13-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Oh I had a mindee like that and I found it so hard as I ended up turning people away, I gave notice in the end as it just wasn't working. So in the long run it will work out much better for you.

Good luck on getting enquires.

ZoeAlli
13-08-2009, 03:05 PM
I'm sorry to hear you are losing a Lo,but I agree it will work out better in the long run!! I hope you find a full timer soon.

Pipsqueak
13-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Sorry to hear that - its horrid when our LO's move on, my little dude goes tomorrow:(

Good luck with filling the space:thumbsup:

youarewhatyoueat
13-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Shame to lose the money could you not offer to continue until the place is needed?

twiggy
14-08-2009, 01:46 PM
Shame to lose the money could you not offer to continue until the place is needed?

I did offer but I think mum liked the idea of free childcare with the family member. Just hope it works out for the child's sake. She was going to reduce her hours to one day a week by January in any case so I suppose I just have a space sooner than I thought.