PDA

View Full Version : Visiting a friends ..

Lainey Lou
13-08-2009, 09:22 AM
Hi guys, what a lovely day, hope it nice a sunny where you are. My friend (who isn't a childminder) has texted me asking if I want to meet up this afternoon at her house. I've said yes but have a mindee this afternoon that I will take with me. My friend has two young children herself so the house is very child friendly. Do I need to do anything - can't exactly risk assess her house when I get there although I will do it just by looking around etc, but I think that is something we all do automatically anyway. I will obviously mention it to her mum when she drops her off but already have permission form signed for routine outings to park etc. What do you think? x

~Chelle~
13-08-2009, 09:33 AM
I personally think that this is fine.

I would knock up a risk assesment when you get back to say that you have risk assessed her house for future reference.

Lainey Lou
13-08-2009, 09:48 AM
Thank you Chelle xx

ZoeAlli
13-08-2009, 10:13 AM
I take my mindees to friends houses, most of which are child friendly. My friends are aware that i mind and tend to move anything which they think is a danger (one of them has a dog, before i go she locks the stairgate so dog stays upstairs!!). I haven't written up a risk assessment as yet but will do!
Just to let you know, although you have to carry out a risk assessment for each type of outing, it does not state that it has to be in writing- it is just "extra" good practise!!! :)

mummyroysof3
13-08-2009, 10:19 AM
just out of interest what would you do if you go to someones house and theres things such as a frireplace with no guard or no plug socket covers or stair gates etc?

charlotte x

LittleAcorns
13-08-2009, 12:15 PM
just out of interest what would you do if you go to someones house and theres things such as a frireplace with no guard or no plug socket covers or stair gates etc?

charlotte x

Close supervision at all times, we cant possibly go everywhere that has socket covers etc...some shops have open sockets, of course theres usually stairs etc, you have to work on growing those eyes in your bum :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mummyroysof3
13-08-2009, 03:21 PM
thats great, i take my kids to other peoples houses i just wanted to check that we were ok to do that with mindees:thumbsup:

charlotte x