PDA

View Full Version : DO U HAVE PROBLEMS WITH MINDEES CHEWING YOUR FURNITURE?

Mollymop
13-08-2009, 08:43 AM
Just a rant really, no advice needed. I am just fed up now with mindee chewing and putting everything in sight in her mouth. She is not a baby/tot either she is school age.

The worst is my leather suite, she will lay on it and the next thing you know she is either licking it or sucking the corners. Another is my cushions, she will run her tongue along them, hold them in her arms and suck the corners.

Toys go in her mouth as well, I am continuously telling her to take things out her mouth and then she gets in a stress and sulks about it. She is doing it all the time with everything

No wonder I am always coming down with illnesses!

angeldelight
13-08-2009, 08:45 AM
We had a puppy once that did this :laughing: :laughing:

I am lucky enough to not have a child that does this it would drive me mad though

Maybe a dog bone or something would help ? :laughing: Just kidding Sandra ha ha

Seriously it sounds a horrible habit does she do it at home have you spoke to the parents about it ?

Angel xx

Mollymop
13-08-2009, 08:51 AM
yes I have and they said "ok, all children chew things and put things in their mouth don't they"

I agreed but told him, only babies do this who are teething.

She has downs' though, maybe she likes the sensation of it, but she is 8 and always picking up illnesses and then we all become ill

angeldelight
13-08-2009, 09:10 AM
yes I have and they said "ok, all children chew things and put things in their mouth don't they"

I agreed but told him, only babies do this who are teething.

She has downs' though, maybe she likes the sensation of it, but she is 8 and always picking up illnesses and then we all become ill

Ah that explains it more

My niece has a little boy who is downs he is 6 - he chews anything and everything and always poorly too
The doctor told them it was fairly normal and they seem to find comfort from it
My niece has been told that every time he does this to not mention it but to distract him by removing him and giving him something to do

It does seem to be working so maybe you could try that?

Angel xx

ZoeAlli
13-08-2009, 09:13 AM
could you buy her a "special cushion" that is for her only while she is at your house, so that when she is sat on your chairs/ sofa she uses her cushion to put her head on.
I know how you are feeling, I can't complain though, the Lo's I have are still under two and teething!!!
Hope you get it sorted!!
:) :)

Helen79
13-08-2009, 09:24 AM
could you buy her a "special cushion" that is for her only while she is at your house, so that when she is sat on your chairs/ sofa she uses her cushion to put her head on.

I was going to suggest getting her own cushion aswell.
Could you put a throw over the sofa while she is with you that you can then pop in the washing machine.

I've just bought some Dettol surfaces spray that is really good for disinfecting toys without having to wash them.

You could do a treasure basket with things that are easily washable, that she can explore with her mouth instead of the furniture.

angeldelight
13-08-2009, 09:26 AM
I think a cushion sounds a fab idea

I am going to suggest it to my niece

Primark have some nice cheap ones

Angel xx

Mollymop
13-08-2009, 10:42 AM
That is an excellent idea. I am glad I posted this now! Thanks guys x

Trouble
13-08-2009, 11:23 AM
i was going to say find her a lether toy and explain this is hers to chew not your sofa:(

miffy
13-08-2009, 12:01 PM
There must be something about the taste of leather. I know several of my mindees have tried to take a chunk out of my suite when they've been teething.

Perhaps a leather cushion is the answer?

Miffy xx