PDA

View Full Version : Retainer for over 8's

hollybritten
13-08-2009, 08:28 AM
Does anyone charge a retainer for over 8's during school holidays??

When you do charge a retainer for school holidays what fee is it? is it 50% of their after school fees or 50% of a full day fee?

Thanks

peanuts
13-08-2009, 08:31 AM
my retainers do not have an age limit on them. i charge 25% of normal fee. was thinking of increasing it to 50% in January when i have my increases.

Mollymop
13-08-2009, 08:59 AM
No I don't ask for a retainer for term time only children at all, because they only want term time and that is ok with me.

ZoeAlli
13-08-2009, 10:41 AM
My retainer fees are not age specific. If a parent wants the place in September and I have had them before the holidays, no matter what the age I charge 50% of my fee for the hours i normally have them eg If child is with me 2hours through term time at £4.00 ph = £8.00, through the holiday they get charged £2.00 ph= £4.00 for that time!!
I don't have any other children through the holidays taking these spaces, so feel it is fair to charge to hold child's place.
HTH
:) :)

Bitsy Beans
13-08-2009, 11:48 AM
I don't have separate retainer fee rates for children. It's 50% of normal fee (so I guess that would be a half a term time fee rather than a full holiday fee).

as to whether to charge a retainer I work on an individual basis. If they specifically only want term time then fine but it's made clear I won't be available to work for them. However if they prefer to keep me on standby when a retainer fee would be charged.

cuffleygirl
13-08-2009, 03:35 PM
I charge half fee retainer no matter what age if its school age a half fee for a full day is similar to wrap around care if you see what I mean - income doesn't dip and parent doesn't to need to adjust tax credits so it works out.