PDA

View Full Version : Coming back from holiday

venus89
12-08-2009, 03:49 PM
I am really struggling to get motivated about my wok after coming back from holiday on Monday. I've only got one LO this week and she's gone super clingy and whigey which doesn't help at all. Do you find it hard to get back into the swing of things after a break or is it normally easy?

LittleAcorns
12-08-2009, 04:11 PM
welcome back and yup it takes me atleast a week to get remotivated, didnt help that I had my inspection straight after my holiday!!! lol

nannymcflea
12-08-2009, 04:16 PM
It is hard, it's like Christmas, theres the build up, then the time itself then when it's finished you feel all flat.

sarah707
12-08-2009, 04:44 PM
I'm not really back into it yet either. It's taking me a while this time, I'm usually ok.

I think it would be easier if the weather was a bit better.

Nice quiet days the rest of the week though so hopefully I'll perk up a bit :D

venus89
12-08-2009, 05:15 PM
:D I love you guys :clapping:
I have tomorrow off, which has kept me going all day :blush: We went to the kent childminders' meet at Mote Park in Maidstone today. Not only did I NOT meet a single other childminder, couldn't work out who the blazes the organisers were who were meant to give the kids prizes for bringing a teddy along, and it was depressingly crowded so the LO just clung to my leg and refused to do anything..... Not good. So we came home and played barbies all afternoon :laughing:

ZoeAlli
12-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Haven't had my holiday yet! only a week to go!! Have found time off to be refreshing- Don't always feel like going back to it and sometimes takes a while but last couple of times wasn't too bad!! :)

newandlearning
13-08-2009, 09:17 AM
yep.. I think kids are abit like dogs :laughing:
when I used to leave my dog in the kennels.. he'd be happy to see me and then he would some into a little :censored: :) .. he would totally rebel.. I've found the older children great since my hol. return but everyone under 3 has had episodes... I'm thinking it takes time for everyone to get back into it which is probably why your mindee is being more clingy.. my own LO is being a bit more clingy too... engaging in activities seems to help :jump for joy:

just to let you know.. you are not alone in how you feel.

venus89
13-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Thankyou newandlearning - that helps! x