PDA

View Full Version : Time in/out?

katickles
12-08-2009, 03:32 PM
When parents collect & drop off - do you record the time they actually enter your house, regardless of standing chatting or just when they leave?

I have mindee & I record from when there her & what time they actually leave, but have just been thinking after another thread I read earlier. Mindee's gran collects sometimes, but can be here for a good 15/30 mins before she actually leaves & i write the time they are out the house.

I guess I'm just checking I am doing it right!:p

Pipsqueak
12-08-2009, 03:34 PM
you should record the exact times in /out.

Tatjana
12-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Good question! Must say I don't have this as parent leaves as soon as lo is ready to go.

Hmmm, at a guess I would say from when the parent has the child regardless of chatting time as then they are their responsibility?

xx

Mollymop
12-08-2009, 03:36 PM
I don't know whether I am doing right or wrong, but I look at the time when the doorbell rings and class that as the time they leave my responsibility, as soon as the parent is with them. None of my parents stop in the morning so I record the time of when they walk through my door.

LittleAcorns
12-08-2009, 03:37 PM
I sign actual hours not contracted hours, thats what my inspector said to do, as I was using my diary with contracted hours then correcting them if they stayed extra, (my last inspector said that was fine!!!!) but not this one, she said it had to be the actual hours they are here, regardless of whether a parent/carer is still here ...... hope that makes sense bit rushed sorry x

ZoeAlli
12-08-2009, 10:39 PM
I record the times they walk in the door and the time they leave my house with their parents!! Even if parents have stayed and chatted!!

miffy
13-08-2009, 07:36 AM
I record the times they walk in the door and the time they leave my house with their parents!! Even if parents have stayed and chatted!!

Me too! and to the exact minute :)

Miffy xx

~Chelle~
13-08-2009, 09:23 AM
On my safeguarding course, they advised to record the EXACT time they enter and leave to cover yourself.

It doesnt matter if they are still standing there talking to you for 20 minutes after there time, they are in your home and care until they leave your house.