PDA

View Full Version : do you own kids drive you mad?

Lainey Lou
12-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Hiya, Do your own children drive you round the bend when you are minding? I've had one mindee today (aged 2) who is as good as gold and my little one (aged 2) has had me running around in circles!! Taking all her clothers off, refusing to put them back on, standing on the windowsill, pouring water all over the floor and herself (again), trying to climb over walls in garden, whinging, whining (I know its all part of being 2 but can't help but think she is trying the wind me up most of the time!) .... she is now asleep ... phew ...put the kettle on. And to put a top on it, my eldest daughter who is 19 rang to ask 'whats for tea'???!!!! ARRGGGG Do you find your own kids just play up more than your mindees? xxx:laughing:

Pipsqueak
12-08-2009, 03:06 PM
I can answer that in one word...

YES

fionamal
12-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Oh YES!

I can sympathise with you on this one. Both my 2 kids do

harrysgirl
12-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Most definately!!!! :laughing:

Attention seeking in a nut shell!

My little one (also 2) is a little angel until the minute I start work... Bless'em ;)

Tatjana
12-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Oh yes!!!

My eldest keeps telling me he's a childminder too and he's 'helping' me!

xx

mummyroysof3
12-08-2009, 03:24 PM
well i ve 3 of my own, i thought i was drove mental enough already:laughing:

charlotte x

twiggy
12-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Yes my own children are 6, 14 and 17 they have driven me mad today. They are much more trouble than the children I mind. They leave baby gates open,
small objects on the floor and I am constantly having to clear up after them. I will be glad when they are back to school! I love them really.

katickles
12-08-2009, 03:35 PM
My eldest is also 2 & today it was her in time out - screaming the house down that much I never heard the doorbell!!!:eek:

It's a small world
12-08-2009, 03:39 PM
yes and I only have one mindee 2 days a week. Only my 2 today and they are currently fighting over the musical instruments...like we only have one item !!!!

fight over now singing the grand old duke of york...5 and 2 bless 2 year old bossing 5 year old lol:laughing: :laughing:

madasahatter
12-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Definitely yes!
for all the reasons that everyone else has stated plus he always always seems to go out of his way to wind particular children up and he's got almost a week longer off school than all my mindees:(

Rasharoon
12-08-2009, 04:03 PM
YES YES YES

I very rarely lose my temper but boy-o-boy did I lose it last Friday. I was called out of the shower, so I'm dripping wet with a towel around me screaming and shouting and I was literally jumping up and down - like that woman in the advert. I pitied Billingshurst that day because they would have heard me.

Luckily, I wasn't minding and luckily for my boys, they went to their Dad's that morning and are not due back till Sunday evening where they are then under strict instruction to behave themselves because enough is enough.

nannymcflea
12-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Hmmm, yes so today they went to the cinema with dad and i took the 3 lo's out for the day!:clapping:

sarah32
12-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Oh yes

My eldest is good but my 6 year old is a nightmare when i have mindee;s, she really pushes me to the limit but seems to think i wont do anything because the mindee's are here.

She'll copy a 2 year olds behaviour and think its ok for her to do it.

She spends alot of time in her bedroom:laughing:

sarah707
12-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Yup!

Dd is really helpful... ds when he chooses can be an absolute nightmare! :rolleyes:

wellybelly
12-08-2009, 04:49 PM
OMG YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES THEY DO!!!!!!!!!

My youngest has so far had a temper tantrum everyday of the school holidays. I'm so glad someone else started this thread coz it helps so much to know other childminders have the same problem. It makes me feel human!

Alibali
12-08-2009, 04:52 PM
You read my mind, my 2 ds have been awful today, we even had to cancel a trip to soft play where we had arranged to meet other friends because as soon as we got in the car they started hitting each other over who was going to sit beside the baby.

This was the straw that broke the camels back, so everyone was brought back in from car! Fortunately the 3 mindees are all under 2 so too young to worry about missing out:( :(

I've also told them their punishment is not watching the Scotland world cup qualifier match tonight so ds is at present sitting crying his eyes out! Do you think I've been a bit severe?

bibby76
12-08-2009, 04:58 PM
I have told my children they are going to a childminder!!!:angry: they are 4, 9, and 13....... and there behaviour sometimes shocks me, thay push the rules all the time, but i always stick to my boundaries and they have been sent to there rooms on many occasions to calm down. I remind myself that it must be hard for them sharing there mom, toys, house etc. so i always take 2 weeks off during the summer holiday and 2 weeks of at xmas just to be with them:)

sarah

ZoeAlli
12-08-2009, 05:06 PM
OH YES!!!
My ds sounds just like your Lo. He is presently walking round in just his nappy!! He has been climbing all over the place, banging on boxes, doors and even the windows :eek: with a hammer! He has also washed his hands and the bathroom floor upstairs and then proceeded to do the same downstairs ( while I was cleaning up!) meanwhile middle two have been fighting over toys and the eldest has been in their own world!!- asked them to keep watch over ds too!!, meanwhile mindee was playing- pulling all the toys out!!!
Ah well, all in a days work!!!:)

youarewhatyoueat
12-08-2009, 05:22 PM
mY 12 YEAR OLD DD has just had a tantrum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tatjana
12-08-2009, 05:37 PM

So it doesn't get any better the older they get??????!!:panic: :eek:

xx

sarah707
12-08-2009, 05:46 PM
So it doesn't get any better the older they get??????!!:panic: :eek:

xx

Noooo!

It stays the same ... but they get bigger and louder and stroppier! :laughing:

Sarahbelle
12-08-2009, 05:51 PM
In a word, YES

I have dd who is 10 and ds who is 13 and they are at the constantly bickering and arguing JUST to wind each other up stage. It starts from the moment they get up to the moment they go to bed!

I am constantly playing referee and they are DRIVING ME MAD! Roll on September!

Lady Haha
12-08-2009, 05:53 PM
I have told my children they are going to a childminder!!!:angry: they are 4, 9, and 13....... and there behaviour sometimes shocks me, thay push the rules all the time, but i always stick to my boundaries and they have been sent to there rooms on many occasions to calm down. I remind myself that it must be hard for them sharing there mom, toys, house etc. so i always take 2 weeks off during the summer holiday and 2 weeks of at xmas just to be with them:)

sarah

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I am VERY seriously considering sending my 7 year old son to a holiday club during the holidays from now on!! He has driven me to despair this week! He pushed one of the mindees off the trampoline today as they were trying to get out. Luckily mindee only had a scratch, but I had to write up an incident about it. Dad was fine when he picked up, said, 'kids will be kids', but it's so many things like that!!

If he wasn't my son, I would have given notice two years ago!!!!!

Gizmo
12-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Yes Yes Yes

I am sooooo glad the schools are going back on Monday, my 2 year old isnt a problem but the 5 1/2 year old has been a nightmare. Yesterday I was giving out stickers to whoever tidied up the best she shoved the 2 2 year olds out of the way to get a sticker.Then my mindees mum came to pick her up and my DD started talking over her I went mad as soon as I shut the door. She had been better today only 1 temper tantrum, at least the lo has stopped them now:laughing:

Shirlwith3
12-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Yes

my 4yr old daughter is driving me mad I have just taken on 2 sisters aged 1yrs & 2 1/2yrs & I am constantly telling dd to behave other wise C will copy her whihc she has.

Shirl

Joda
12-08-2009, 06:31 PM
YES! My 2 are worse than all the mindee's put together. They are such hard work. I am seriously considering a holiday club next year. This was one of the reasons that I started childminding - so that I could be here for them in the holidays - it doesn't seem such a great idea now though!

zillervalley
12-08-2009, 06:49 PM
no no no

ziller

Lainey Lou
12-08-2009, 07:04 PM
looks like I am not on my own then ... phew! A favourite recent trick of my 2 year old as well is to wee wee on my lovely wooden floor and them paddle in it!! Joy ... he he :)

LeanneC
12-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Glad im not alone on this one..I was begining to think my DD was turning into satan when Im working! :eek: She can be lovely one minute then attacking my 3yr old mindee the next. I cant wait until he goes to school for half days in Sept to give me a break.
:thumbsup: to all of you though who have probs with their kids (and mindees) i think ive aged 10yrs since April!! i can see more grey hairs each day thats for sure

KatyDix
12-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Thank god it is not just me!
My three year old has had me in tears today - just as I thought his behaviour was improviing he threw the most almighty tantrum today.
He started by snatching toys, then made a terrible mess in the bathroom, then bit his brother. Then made a massive fuss when mindee's mother came to pick him up. He wouldn't let me speak to her, wanted my full attention, threw toys, slammed drawers, generally made himself appear deranged.
As soon as mindee left I burst into tears and my three year old settled down on the sofa looking at books like nothing had happened.
PLEASE - has anyone got any tips for stopping your children making a fuss when mindee parents drop off and pick up. It's so embaressing and I worry that she thinks he behaves like it all the time.

sue m
12-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Noooo!

It stays the same ... but they get bigger and louder and stroppier! :laughing:

My eldest son is 37 and doesn't even live at home, he's married and he's terrible! NO, they do not get any better! It's true what Sarah says unfortunately...........:panic:

TheBTeam
12-08-2009, 07:26 PM
OH please, can someone please tell me that it will get better and that my own kids will stop doing my head in, I am all set to pack a bag and just go off on my own, my 10 yr ds and 7 yr dd have driven me and each other mad, especially my 10yr old he makes the babies seem grown up sometimes and I am all set to do a Shirley Valentine but without the man, cos I have had enough of them too!

helenlc
12-08-2009, 07:36 PM
My DS 11 yrs old and DD 9 yrs old went to friends today and so were gone from 9.30am to 3.30pm.

I have no mindees this week either as taken a week off.

Well, it was LOVELY!!!

But within 10 minutes of being back home, my 2 were arguing again and doing my head in!!

I have said to them before about how can I expect the mindees to behave themselves when they see and hear both of them arguing and fighting and winding each other up and telling each other to shut up and go away etc etc etc!!!:angry:

Pipsqueak
12-08-2009, 07:42 PM

CAn beat that - my 45 year partner has regular tantrums!

LeanneC
12-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Was watching chitty Chitty bang bang today on boomerang with 2yr old, 3 yr old and 5yr old, love that film.
why cant all kids be well behaved like Jeremy and Gemima... they sure are truly, truly scrumptious.
:D

LittleMissSparkles
12-08-2009, 07:52 PM
hell yer.... ( am I allowed to use that word ! )

dd is 4 going on 14 has just hit the attitude stage and been cheeky and not doing anything you ask of her or your ' doing her head in ' DS is nearly 13 and an angel.... they are like chalk and cheese x

madasahatter
12-08-2009, 08:10 PM
no no no

ziller

are you telling the truth Ziller?:laughing:

With DS (12) and my older mindees (10 & 11) I have often felt this holiday that I've suddenly been plunged into a Catherine Tate sketch......you know the one...teenage schoolgirl 'am I bovvered' different words but the same attitude from all 3...ggggrrrrrr:censored:
When I'm not minding DS is an absolute dream...polite, thoughtful, helpful, does as he's told.....mostly, only has tantrums once in a blue moon (but spectacular when he has one!). When I'm minding he turns into a right Kevin.

TheBTeam
12-08-2009, 08:18 PM
are you telling the truth Ziller?:laughing:

With DS (12) and my older mindees (10 & 11) I have often felt this holiday that I've suddenly been plunged into a Catherine Tate sketch......you know the one...teenage schoolgirl 'am I bovvered' different words but the same attitude from all 3...ggggrrrrrr:censored:
When I'm not minding DS is an absolute dream...polite, thoughtful, helpful, does as he's told.....mostly, only has tantrums once in a blue moon (but spectacular when he has one!). When I'm minding he turns into a right Kevin.

I am on a hiding to nothing my dh name is Kevin in his 40's and he behaves worse than both my children!!!

Tatjana
12-08-2009, 08:24 PM
Thank god it is not just me!
My three year old has had me in tears today - just as I thought his behaviour was improviing he threw the most almighty tantrum today.
He started by snatching toys, then made a terrible mess in the bathroom, then bit his brother. Then made a massive fuss when mindee's mother came to pick him up. He wouldn't let me speak to her, wanted my full attention, threw toys, slammed drawers, generally made himself appear deranged.
As soon as mindee left I burst into tears and my three year old settled down on the sofa looking at books like nothing had happened.
PLEASE - has anyone got any tips for stopping your children making a fuss when mindee parents drop off and pick up. It's so embaressing and I worry that she thinks he behaves like it all the time.

My youngest did this also on mindees arrival and departure, well not having a tantrum just ridiculous behaviour that is embarrassing as you say. So, he's now banned from coming into the hallway at those times :thumbsup:

xx

OrlandoBelle
12-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Glad to see it's not just mine who plays up. My 9 year old is a pain in the :censored: He's pushing me to a nervous breakdown at the moment:( .

Bitsy Beans
12-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Well my DS decided to have yet another huge meltdown at the country park yesterday, but thankfully no mindee with me (just my neice and nephew and my DD). But OMG I could have throttled him. why oh why is it ALWAYS my son who's having the paddy :angry: He's nearly 4 for goodness sake and today he was having yet another strop and I swear his body language was that of a teenager.
He'd better behave on Friday or else.