PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem I think!!!

Adiamond
12-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Hi again, I look after a 16 month old 2 days a week, a day is k being dropped off at mine at 6.30am just been lifted out of bed and brought here then picked up at 8.00pm. It is shift work so each week is different. I had k last Thursday and I also had my new mindee 18 months nearly well k was quite jealous but they did play ok together.
Today is my first day of k 13 1/2 hours and M 5 hours. K arrived I gave her brekkie got her dressed before M arrived at 8am, k was already tired by this time but they played for a little while then I decided to take them out for a walk. K screamed and had a huge tantrum the whole time until she finally fell to sleep in the pushchair on the way home, she slept for about half an hour until we got home and when she woke up she looked more tired than she did before.
The girls argued and K just wanted picking up and when I didn't she threw herself about and screamed.

M has gone home now I feel as though I haven't spent any time with her today at all :(

At the minute K is in the travel cot ( supposed to be going to sleep) but she is busy rolling about.

I think I am going to have a word with mum tonight, I feel that K isn't getting enough sleep and therefore cannot concentrate on anything for any length of time so isn't learning the way she should be and I am feeling pretty stressed at the minute.

Do you think I am doing the right thing? or any other views will be more than welcome :) thank you x x x

Princess Sara
12-08-2009, 02:16 PM
No harm in talking to mum about your concerns, as long as it is just talking. Personally I think 6:30am is a bit early for a lo to be woken up, I hate waking my lo's up at anytime because they get cranky.

No advise, just to say I'd be having a word too! (Well actually I wouldn't because I wouldn't work that early... I'm not a morning person... :rolleyes: )

Hebs
12-08-2009, 02:19 PM
I have my mindee C who is 2 years old from 7am until 9pm

personally i feel this is too early for them to be up and out but mum needs to work :(

Adiamond
12-08-2009, 02:23 PM
No harm in talking to mum about your concerns, as long as it is just talking. Personally I think 6:30am is a bit early for a lo to be woken up, I hate waking my lo's up at anytime because they get cranky.

No advise, just to say I'd be having a word too! (Well actually I wouldn't because I wouldn't work that early... I'm not a morning person... :rolleyes: )

I agree 6.30 is far too early for a lo to be up, when I first signed mindee up it was 8.30 - 5.30 PERFECT!!!! but mum and dad have split up and mum starts work at 7.00am so I didn't really know what else I could do!!!!!!!
and I think mum works 5 days a week but she only uses me for 2 so I don't know where K goes for the rest of the time!!!!
I need to speak to mum and tell her my concerns I think she will be fine but I don't know what we can do about it!!!!!x x x

Tatjana
12-08-2009, 03:42 PM
It's difficult as you don't know what the childs routine is when he's not with you, maybe not getting enough naps etc with the other person. Poor little mite :(

Hats off to you for starting at 6.30am, i never see that time on my clock!

xx

Alibali
12-08-2009, 04:58 PM
My own kids had to be up at silly o'clock when I was working in midwifery, I felt awful about it but it had to be done. As a result my ds aged 8 is still up at 6.30 every morning!!

Don't know if I could mind till that time myself though, I need to collapse in a heap at 5.45!

Adiamond
12-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Thanks for your replies everyone, she had a nap and woke up in a better mood :) but that lasted about 10 minutes :( she has had tea, now got pj's on sat watching in the night garden!!!! but she is not happy,she still looks really tired. I feel as though I could burst into tears any minute it has been a really hard day today.
Thanks for listening everyone x x x

Tatjana
12-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Thanks for your replies everyone, she had a nap and woke up in a better mood :) but that lasted about 10 minutes :( she has had tea, now got pj's on sat watching in the night garden!!!! but she is not happy,she still looks really tired. I feel as though I could burst into tears any minute it has been a really hard day today.
Thanks for listening everyone x x x

Awww, ((((hugs))) to you!

xx

sarah707
12-08-2009, 05:44 PM
I fully understand how you feel, some days it's like that.

When you speak with mum, try to emphasise it's not that it's all too much for you but it's the child's welfare you are concerned about and she is clearly not a happy bunny.

Ask parents for their suggestions, get them thinking about it from their end.

Maybe she is staying up late because they don't get to see her through the day - that happens and it's always us who suffer the next day.

Find out what she's like at the weekend and where / when she sleeps. That might give you clues as well.

Sending hugs x