PDA

View Full Version : why oh why?

miss muffit
12-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Why... oh why?
do parents and mindees have disregard for my belongings aghh !!!!

I feel I moan about the same thing every day “ please don’t stand on the door frame step over it as the rubber seal is splitting” “don’t play with the door as you might catch your fingers”…the list goes on and on!

Now they twins are running round my car that’s on my drive, WHY oh why can’t Mum tell them instead of me moaning!

Gosh it does make me so cross :angry:

Im feeling a bit better now I have shared it lol!

CCJD
12-08-2009, 12:56 PM
I had a parent who stood their child on the arm of my new sofa with his shoes on!!!

Had to bite my tongue that day!!

The batteries have run out on my front door bell and I have refused to replace them (my poor neighbour could always hear it and works nights so didnt appreciate it much when the parents let their precious ones ring the bell 15 times whe we are stood in the doorway handing over.

You do feel mean feeling disgruntled by it but sometimes you cant help it.

jeanybeany
12-08-2009, 01:04 PM
I know how you feel! One of my mindees broke a vase in my window in front of mum, not even a sorry or offer of replacement :angry: . It was only a cheap one but that's not the point! Then the same parent has walked on my soft flooring outside and made a hole in it with her stillettos (only saying oh). Another parent always gives her child sweets etc on collection, then leaves the wrapper on my sofa etc. I've just got a new rug as the other one was wrecked where juice etc had been spilt on it. I have explained to all children and said in front of the parents that juice is not allowed on the rug, not even in one of those bottles and I have a parent that always gives her child juice on my rug:( .

But the thing that really bothers me is when they comment on changes to my house. We changed some photos of my children in my hall and they all commented! That's it, now I let them in through the side gate through the play area (hence damage to soft flooring) straight into the conservatory to stop them walking straight through my hall, lounge and kitchen.

Lol think I've joined you in the moan, they have been quite good just lately!:D

LeanneC
12-08-2009, 01:12 PM
Why... oh why?
do parents and mindees have disregard for my belongings aghh !!!!

I feel I moan about the same thing every day “ please don’t stand on the door frame step over it as the rubber seal is splitting” “don’t play with the door as you might catch your fingers”…the list goes on and on!

Now they twins are running round my car that’s on my drive, WHY oh why can’t Mum tell them instead of me moaning!

ha ha i know what you mean, mine are all the same, I have a basket in my porch in which they put their shoes in...BUT they all seem to want to get them at the same time!! So you can imagine almost always someone gets knocked over or squashed. I starting to become very military. They too stand on the door frame and its started to wobble..thats the whole front of my house thats attached to it too..every single day i tell them dont do that please. Oh and for the car ive stopped them running around that as they have to hold the back lights until i can get my lo in. Its seemed to work so far.
My bug bear is running in the house... its the boys really they cant walk anywhere it really annoys me as my lo is about to become 2yrs in a couple of weeks and i can count on 2 occasions she has been knocked over by them.
Toys, well thats another matter...they just dont appreciate what we buy them. I keep saying im gonna come around to them and brak their toys or ill ask mums and dads for pennies to replace what they break. they panic at that lol hee hee but kids are kids
Just been watching Chitty chitty bang bang and wishing my lot would be so well behaved like Jeremy and Gemima are in that film. they are truly truly scrumptious :)

LeanneC
12-08-2009, 01:14 PM
But the thing that really bothers me is when they comment on changes to my house. We changed some photos of my children in my hall and they all commented! That's it, now I let them in through the side gate through the play area (hence damage to soft flooring) straight into the conservatory to stop them walking straight through my hall, lounge and kitchen.

Lol think I've joined you in the moan, they have been quite good just lately!:D

I have a NO shoes policy in my house so unless parents have anything to sign they dont come past the porch doors lol otherwise off with the shoes.

jeanybeany
12-08-2009, 01:14 PM
ha ha i know what you mean, mine are all the same, I have a basket in my porch in which they put their shoes in...BUT they all seem to want to get them at the same time!! So you can imagine almost always someone gets knocked over or squashed. I starting to become very military. They too stand on the door frame and its started to wobble..thats the whole front of my house thats attached to it too..every single day i tell them dont do that please. Oh and for the car ive stopped them running around that as they have to hold the back lights until i can get my lo in. Its seemed to work so far.
My bug bear is running in the house... its the boys really they cant walk anywhere it really annoys me as my lo is about to become 2yrs in a couple of weeks and i can count on 2 occasions she has been knocked over by them.
Toys, well thats another matter...they just dont appreciate what we buy them. I keep saying im gonna come around to them and brak their toys or ill ask mums and dads for pennies to replace what they break. they panic at that lol hee hee but kids are kids
Just been watching Chitty chitty bang bang and wishing my lot would be so well behaved like Jeremy and Gemima are in that film. they are truly truly scrumptious :)

ooh I love that film :laughing: :laughing:

Princess Sara
12-08-2009, 02:28 PM
I have a NO shoes policy in my house so unless parents have anything to sign they dont come past the porch doors lol otherwise off with the shoes.

Same here but it doesn't help when DF refuses to take off his shoes, ever! He walks upstairs in them, around the garden... Then wonders why I have to hoover every day!