PDA

View Full Version : NVQ Confusion

Denise
12-08-2009, 08:50 AM
A friend and I have decided to do our NVQ 3 in childcare, but there seems to be some confusion as to which course we are doing. We have both contacted Triangle Training and have different assessors and have been given totally different workbooks. Her assessor claims I am doing the wrong course.

My workbook is titled Advanced Apprenticeship and is the EDI NVQ 3.

Is there more than one NVQ 3?

green puppy
12-08-2009, 10:12 AM
There is the nvq level 3 in childcare, learning and development. This is the one that most childminders do, you can usually apply for funding through your local early years team.

Pipsqueak
12-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Greenpuppy is right - the NVQ that the majority of minders do is CCLD (childrens care learning and development).
I would check back with your CDO/EY team to see what you are doing is appropriate.

Denise
12-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the quick replies.

The support pack I have been given is titled "EDI Level 3 NVQ in Children's Care, Learning and Development". I have to complete 5 compulsory units and then select a further 4 from this huge book.

Does this sound like the right thing?

Pipsqueak
12-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Yes that sounds about right. Not sure what the EDI bit is though

green puppy
12-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Having just googled the title it looks like EDI is the awarding body. Perhaps it is different for each region as mine is CACHE.

Denise
12-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Thanks again for your replies.

It appears my assessor has given me the wrong workbook. I still have no idea what I am supposed to be doing. The annoying thing is that I have spent hours working through the stuff she left me. She has assured me it won't be a waste of time, but we will wait and see!