PDA

View Full Version : Annoyed!!!

LisaMcNally09
12-08-2009, 07:58 AM
After my very positive meeting with the parent of the 2year old starting when I get my certificate....he was supposed to becoming with mum today for a settling session. She text me this morning asking if I would have him for 6 hours:eek: her words were

"i dont mind paying you and i wont tell anyone!!!"

I have no insurance...no certificate!!! Im so upset now..Obviously ive said no and she seemed ok but ive just got a bad feeling about her now!!!

What do you think????

Rubybubbles
12-08-2009, 08:00 AM
good for you hun

:panic: some parents

sweets
12-08-2009, 08:02 AM
i'd have him but not take payment, but add a bit on to her first bill when you start properly with him. i knpw its a bit naughty but you shouldn't do it for nothing!

LisaMcNally09
12-08-2009, 08:07 AM
i'd have him but not take payment, but add a bit on to her first bill when you start properly with him. i knpw its a bit naughty but you shouldn't do it for nothing!

The thing is though I have a bad feeling in my stomach that im gonna be messed about by this parent....I cant explain why but I suppose ive let myself get excited because ive got a mindee lined up and now shes done this shes made me think i was right!!
I dont really trust her to pay me later for time i have him now...if that makes sense

Mollymop
12-08-2009, 08:07 AM
Sounds as if she trusts you. I wouldn't have taken him on with no cert or insurance. You did right.

Mollymop
12-08-2009, 08:10 AM
See how it goes hun, you might find she was just desperate for childcare today and thought it would be ok.

You have a 4 week trial period anyway, so if she does turn out to be a bad parent you can always terminate contract at short notice within your first4 weeks with child.

try not to worry about it too much, she might be fine x

sweets
12-08-2009, 08:14 AM
i agree with mollymop. You could use today as a trail run to see how it works, if she picks up on time etc. as for payment i wouldn't discuss it with her until you start properly.

FussyElmo
12-08-2009, 08:15 AM
It was cheeky but she might not realise about insurance etc.

You could take it as a compliment that she is willing to trust her child with you!!!

If you had have got your certificate the lo would be with you.

LisaMcNally09
12-08-2009, 08:17 AM
i agree with mollymop. You could use today as a trail run to see how it works, if she picks up on time etc. as for payment i wouldn't discuss it with her until you start properly.

Its too late for today she will be at work now! She says shes gonna let me know what day she can bring him next week!

I just wasnt happy having him with no insurance and things...i cant explain where i get the feeling from I just have a bad gut feeling!!!

FussyElmo
12-08-2009, 08:21 AM
Your gut feeling is usually right!!