PDA

View Full Version : Eek I think I've had THE CALL from Ofsted!

Bitsy Beans
12-08-2009, 05:43 AM
Just noticed a message on my answer phone from Ofsted. Since I've been reg since March I suspect this is my next inspection.
Thing is I've only just got a mindee (she's one day a week) and last week was only our second day together.
do you think they will still want to see me given now that I've only just started minding or will they leave it a bit longer?

<cue running round like a headless chicken in panic>

nannymcflea
12-08-2009, 06:36 AM
If it is about your inspection at least you'll know what day they are coming!

They will ask you what days you are working within the EYFS (under 5's) and say they will come on one of those days.

Take a deep breath, go through everything you have to do with childminding, adding if necessary,walk round your houseand garden, making sure you have risk assessments in place.

good luck, keep us posted.

Bitsy Beans
12-08-2009, 06:40 AM
If it is about your inspection at least you'll know what day they are coming!

They will ask you what days you are working within the EYFS (under 5's) and say they will come on one of those days.

Take a deep breath, go through everything you have to do with childminding, adding if necessary,walk round your houseand garden, making sure you have risk assessments in place.

good luck, keep us posted.

I only work on Fridays at the moment so at least I know she won't suprise me by coming on that day :laughing:

Mollymop
12-08-2009, 08:24 AM
They will still do an inspection even if you have only been minding a few weeks, etc. Try not to worry too much, I am sure you will be fine. Have a good look around the forum to make sure you have everything covered ready for Mrs ofsted

Helen79
12-08-2009, 09:26 AM
I had an inspection when I was on maternity leave & wasn't minding, I had never even minded as I was going to start after my maternity leave.
Silly ofsted, I had no paperwork, no children, total waste of time imo

Good luck with it :thumbsup:

Bitsy Beans
12-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Helen - were they doing your grading visit? That's totally pointless!!!! Did they have to come back again and do it?

Damn was going to avoid ringing her back for a few days but Ofsted have just rung. She asked me a few questions etc so will now wait for the call telling me they are coming.

Jen4Kids
12-08-2009, 01:08 PM
I got the call yesterday too - been reg'd since march 09 too

Must be the time for us March Minders :eek: :laughing:

Helen79
12-08-2009, 04:48 PM
what's a grading visit?

They came last in Aug 09 which was pointless cos of the EYFS starting in Sept so anything they asked me about the old Standards didn't really apply.

I've heard nothing back since so I'm expecting an inspection fairly soon.

Bitsy Beans
12-08-2009, 09:31 PM
what's a grading visit?

They came last in Aug 09 which was pointless cos of the EYFS starting in Sept so anything they asked me about the old Standards didn't really apply.

I've heard nothing back since so I'm expecting an inspection fairly soon.

Well I had a pre reg visit to give me the green light to start minding and now I am due an inspection to rate my setting and give me a grading ie Inadequate (oh lord I hope not), Satisfactory, good or outstanding. Sorry didn't know what to call it other than grading inspection :o

Jen4Kids - have you been given a date for your inspection or just the call to update their records (which is what I had today).

ZoeAlli
12-08-2009, 09:42 PM
I bet you're relieved the call was only to update their records?
However don't worry (says she who dreads the phone ringing -in case it's them!!- I know I need to get some stuff sorted before they come!!), I'm sure you will be fine. as has been mentioned make sure you have your risk assessments in place, policies and procedures and safety!!
Let us know how you get on!!