PDA

View Full Version : Childminder groups

hanban
11-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Not sure if this is the right area to post but I wondered if there are any local childminder groups in my area. I left my 9-5 job last week and have my first mindee now - I'm thinking it would be nice to chat to some other childminders.

Cheers - Han

nannymcflea
11-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Hello. I have to say that it's unfortunately the wrong time of year for toddler groups. Come September they will all start up again and you'll have loads to go to.

Most will be for everyone to use but you will find other childminders there too and might find a local group set up for childminders too.

Good luck.

youarewhatyoueat
11-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Have you a childrens centre near you as they may have activities on and may have the toy library on site or at least know where your nearest is. Try contacting your cdo who should be able to tell you where any childminder drop ins are located or ask another cm if you have any near to you, have a look on the council website that you are listed on and you could send a friendly email to another minder to ask if they know of anywhere.Good luck with the minding. Caroline
p.s just noticed youre in warwickshire, are you near stratford as I could point you towards a good toddler group

hanban
11-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Thank you for the replies, yes I'm in Warwick I should have said. I know there is a childminder very near to me so maybe I'll start with an email :) What do you mean by CDO by the way...?

sweets
12-08-2009, 08:22 AM
it stands for child development worker, you should have one through your local council.