PDA

View Full Version : do you ever feel weird...

Blackhorse
11-08-2009, 06:37 PM
that total strangers come into your house?
I have another parent come round on friday ..for a 10 months old girl 2 days a week..which would be great if I could get a permanent mindee..anyways..
the reason why she is coming friday is so that her husband can come along..which is fair enough..but all the other visits where only mum + kids..

I am not saying that men are more dangerous then women, but even having 2 adults coming into your house..vs being alone with your own child...

now I am not scared of friday or anything..but I just wonder whether you ever feel akward or maybe even unsafe..having strangers coming to your home.???

sweets
11-08-2009, 06:42 PM
know what you mean! i had a couple come this afternoon with their baby ,they want 2 days from dec. I didn't feel threatend or anything like that, they seemed a lovely couple but it makes me feel awkward! it was the same when i went to an interview once and had to face 3 people at once looking and questioning me. When the mums just come i am happy to show them round the house on thier first visit but whens theres 2 of them i don't feel comfortable with it!

Lainey Lou
11-08-2009, 07:13 PM
I'm sure you will be fine, I know what you mean though, I had a couple come with their son, (they were really lovely), but my problem was my hubby was there as well and I felt really self-conscious everyone looking at me!! Gonna tell hubby not to hang around in future as it makes me all flustered!! he he :)

carlen222
11-08-2009, 07:17 PM
oh id definatly feel awkward!! thank goodness i live in a small town that everyone knows each other some way or another lol

FussyElmo
11-08-2009, 07:34 PM
Just wait till Nana comes too :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sweets
11-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Just wait till Nana comes too :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

OMG coudn't cope with 3 of them:eek:

Jemima77
11-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Definatley feel a bit strange with the whole inviting people into your home, but I suppose it goes with the job......I had a mindees mum and dad turn up at 7.30pm one FRIDAY night unannounced to drop some information back that I had given them. I had a couple of my friends over, just about to crack open the wine and order a takeaway too!!!!! and my partner was in the shower...now that was a wierd situation to be in!!!!!!!!! x

Tatjana
11-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Yes, I do find it rather odd, must admit I don't really like it, I feel like i'm being invaded and judged...which we are the latter.

My hubby hates it so much he stayed out the other night until the parents had gone!

xx

LittleStars
12-08-2009, 10:36 AM
I had a parent arrange a first visit by email on an evening at 7pm, I had 'assumed' it was mum that I was talking too. She had said that she wants to meet cm's without her ds the first time as she didn't want to confuse him meeting loads of people. Fair enough I though. On the night in question 7pm came and went and no mum...at 8pm the doorbell rang and there was a very large/ scruffy man stood on my doorstep who 'stank' of alcohol. Who declared he had come to talk to me about looking after his 'kiddy' I very quickly said that he was too late (as was an hour late) and that hubby was now home (he wasn't) and wanted to have his dinner in peace and he would need to reschedule our appointment...thankfully I didn't hear from him again!! I did alert children's services about him and they sent an email urging people in the area to be cautious. REALLY sad if he was genuine... but just didn't feel right.

I am always a bit uncomfotable when dad comes to the first meeting. Just because it changes the dynamic of the meeting. Im always happy to meet dad later on.

kindredspirits
12-08-2009, 10:42 AM
yes due to my past history I HATE having dads in the house - i know its sexist and i am sorry but can't help your past. if i know dad is coming i make sure hubby is around and if i haven't had prior warning i get really flustered and have to keep telling myself that i am safe etc :(
still this time 18 months ago i was only just starting to leave the house by myself so i do try to cut myself some slack!