PDA

View Full Version : running a mother and toddler group

hayleychildcare
11-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Ive been asked today if i would be the named person in running a new mother and toddler group. Does anyone do this? No idea what is involved and what i would have to do.

Any help would be great as i dont know whether to do it or not.

Sounds scary:eek:

Daddy Day Care
11-08-2009, 02:00 PM
I nkow theres a few on here who do this im sure they answer when they see this thread

gareth
xx

little chickee
11-08-2009, 02:06 PM
up untill recently i was the chairperson of my toddler group and there was not much to it . all groups are different and it depends on how it needs to be run - you should have a committee to include yourself as chair, vice chair, secretary and tresurer and then some ordinary members.

it can be as simple as opening up, setting out chairs and tables, coffee etc, collecting in money. making sure the rent on your hall is paid (and public liability insurance) maybe organising a couple of fundraisers a year. not too much work really. my group is very good and everyone pulls together and shares the washing up putting away toys etc. have a AGM and maybe quarterly committee meeting to ensure all is running smoothly and you are there.

bibby76
11-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Hi i run a play and stay 3 times a week, we use a church hall so our public liability is covered by the church. we make a donation to the church 3 or 4 times a year.
I set up chairs and tables play equipment, etc. We do different crafts every week, and change equipment every week. I collect money and do the books, it fits in well with childminding.
We only started 2 days a week, but as numbers grew we had to open another day. we have our own policies and procedures, ( there mine from childminding but ive changed some of the words!!)
As long as we stay within the ratios guidelines of the church, which is 25 children, we are fine.

hope this helps
if you have any questions, i can try and answer them!!!

sarah

mrs c
11-08-2009, 04:51 PM
As long as you make sure there are plenty of willing helpers for this. It can be time consuming running a toddler group if the people going are the sort who like to take a back seat. You need rotas for drinks , crafts, setting out and tidying away. Make sure everyone pulls their weight and the jobs are shared out.