PDA

View Full Version : So confused still with RA's!!!

Leelee
11-08-2009, 01:02 PM
I thought RA's sorted, but looking through these post's I don't think I have!
I have a RA for my house and garden which covers 1 and half pages of A4. It includes the risk; yes/no check;who's at risk;action taken and action needed! I also have RA's for Outing to the Shops; Outing to the Park; and a Nature Walk! I know I have to do the outings one's as and when required, but how often do ofsted want you to do the house and garden RA? So confused now!

Blaze
11-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Your house/garden RA should be completed everyday before you start work & updated as needed. I have a file copy which sounds like you have described & I have a ticklist version that is laminated & checked off at the beginning of my working day.
HTH:)

sarah707
11-08-2009, 05:41 PM
The eyfs says you need to risk assess everything a child comes into contact with... so that's everything in the house including all your rooms separately, the garden and every type of outing.

There's a list in the guidance pages of the Eyfs to help with the kinds of things you should be risk assessing.

For outings you need to have one for school runs (one for each school as you'd go a different way), one for the park, one for the library, one for the shops... etc.

I make notes on mine quite often if I see things change like road works or a problem at the park - it shows I am risk assessing all the time.

Hth :D