PDA

View Full Version : Childcare for Mum going to court please

jessie1
11-08-2009, 12:17 PM
Hi All

I just had a call from the Witness Protection Services for childcare for 3 kids on Friday. 5 years, 4 years and 18 month old.
I was suppose to do a settling in session for my mindee on Friday but thought its better if I do the 3 on my own.
Can anyone advice me what do I do regarding paperwork please? I am a NCMA member. Also she said that I will have to invoice them as they will pay me afterwards instead of the mum.

Thanks

LittleMissSparkles
11-08-2009, 12:29 PM
I would personally charge a higher rate as its a one off and could be classed as emergency care at such short notice.

Do you have a short term contract from NCMA ? if not you will still have to do a contract for each child.

I would also make sure that you agree with them when you will receive payment and say you will charge late fee's if not paid onthe agreed date in case they are slow at paying, I know some cm's that waited nearly 3 months for their money which is a long time to wait

HTH x

jessie1
11-08-2009, 12:36 PM
Really that long, I will call the lady that called me in a while asking her when i can expect payment. She just said that they cant give me times for the day as it can be whole day or can be just the morning.

I dont have a NCMA short contract but does anyone have one that I can use please?

Thanks

youarewhatyoueat
11-08-2009, 01:09 PM
Why a contract for each child, thats a bit ott. Why not just print out a letter to be signed with all the details on send one in advance as an invoice and get mum to sign one at drop off and photocopy for her at pick up. Invoice 3 children at 3 full days. Get emergency contact details etc as presumably mum can't be so you had better agree a password. You are still insured without filling out a contract you just need to make sure you have all the relevent details.Why not give ncma a call just to check. Could be a good earner for one days work.

LittleMissSparkles
11-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Why a contract for each child, thats a bit ott.

I'd rather be safe than sorry after hearing stories and experiencing some myself, each to their own though Caroline

nannymcflea
11-08-2009, 09:44 PM
I have done social services work, sometimes they turn up sometimes they don't. Most of the time you get someone dropping off that has no idea of allergies, emergency details. Kids have turned up early on a cold morning with shorts and sandals.Still you do what you can and give them a fun time.

I do insist I get someone to sign these kids in and out and hopefully a child contact sheet sorted...contracts....never had time to fill one out, social services have never been interested!:rolleyes: I guess they know the kids are safe.

LittleAcorns
12-08-2009, 05:33 AM
I did this once, although it was an existing mindees family that needed the care, 2 children one day, it came to around £40 but because of the nature of it (what the lady had gone through) the fact I new them, they were quite desperate as she didnt trust many people with her children and, like I say it was just a one off, I agreed that fees needed to be payed within 4 weeks (soft I know :D ) unfortunately it did take a long time, and the family payed me out of their money as the payment took a few months to be processed!

At least with this sort of work you will get paid, theres no doubt but it is a case of waiting, so perhaps concider that when youre working out fees.

jessie1
12-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Thanks everyone, I think i am going to call the lady that contacted me in the first place and ask her when I can expect payment. she couldnt give me the hours just saying from about 9am as she said no idea when they will finish. The mom then said she will come at 8:30 to sign any paper work.
Do I just go ahead and bill at my emergency rate and for full day before they come?
Also can anyone help me with a short-term contract for these kinda care please?
Thanks

jess
12-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Hi jessie1 are you in oxfordshire by any chance? Its just I had the same phonecall yesterday? only have 2 spaces though!

LittleAcorns
12-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Hiya, Whats your emergency rate? how much would that work out to? You need to go with what you think is right, and of course bare in mind that you'll need to wait for your fees, perhaps write that in, that due to the nature of the care (ie one off, short notice, dont know the kiddies) you feel that an additional fee of £?? would cover late payment??!!! I dont know, Im rubbish at putting it in to words! :blush:

I usually charge £2.90 per child per hour, so £8.70 per hour. I would charge from 8.30 as thats when shes coming til 530 when I finish, unless they can give you a finish time, 9 hours x £8.70 = £78.30!

hope that helps a tad

jessie1
13-08-2009, 10:09 PM
Hi jessie1 are you in oxfordshire by any chance? Its just I had the same phonecall yesterday? only have 2 spaces though!

Hi Jess

Yes I am in Oxfordshire, Witney to be exact. If you are who I think you are I have seen your ads advertised. Nice to see some local people on here as I am desperately trying to get in touch with childminders in the area as i am new here.
Maybe PM me as it would be lovely to see some childminders around

jessie1
13-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Hiya, Whats your emergency rate? how much would that work out to? You need to go with what you think is right, and of course bare in mind that you'll need to wait for your fees, perhaps write that in, that due to the nature of the care (ie one off, short notice, dont know the kiddies) you feel that an additional fee of £?? would cover late payment??!!! I dont know, Im rubbish at putting it in to words! :blush:

I usually charge £2.90 per child per hour, so £8.70 per hour. I would charge from 8.30 as thats when shes coming til 530 when I finish, unless they can give you a finish time, 9 hours x £8.70 = £78.30!

hope that helps a tad

Hi
Thanks for that, I was going to charge them my emergency rate and wanted to charge them full rate as no idea until what time and just turned my ad-hoc child away when mum called today. I would still be within my numbers but only have a double buggy and if weather is lovely dont want to be stuck indoors.
But called the lady back and asked about invoicing and she said that I must invoice her after the kids were here and then post it with bank details as they would then pay me within 10 days.

Do i still keep my own terms on there i.e. money is due in advance but then write somwhere due within 10 days of date of invoice.

Still no idea what to do with the contract bit

angeldelight
13-08-2009, 10:21 PM
I have done this a number of times

I have a contract for the parent

Then I also have a contract for whoever is paying me my fees
I give them a certain amount of time to pay
I make it clear if a parent does not show up then they still must pay
I put anything that I think that they need to know concerning pay into this contract and get them to sign it

To be honest most of the time they always say that they have never had to sign a contract before but I tell them its the way I work and its always signed with no problem

You need to know where you stand and you need to know when you are getting paid - Its your business so up to you how you run it

Good luck

Angel xxx