PDA

View Full Version : I've just discovered

cherry
11-08-2009, 09:58 AM
my 2 year old mindee doesn't like the man who plays Mr Tumble.

We never have the TV on in the mornings as we are always out but this morning as we are at home I put the tele on at snack time and (I don't know the mans name) came on and my LO ran crying to me and sat on my lap.

Now if it was Mr Tumble ( with the make up and funny clothes) I could understand but an ordinary person, what's that about?

Has anybody else had this happen to their mindees.

sweets
11-08-2009, 10:07 AM
that's funny! i had a child once that was scared of the dancing bear on tellitubies, not the one with the lion but the one that danced on the merry go round!

bibby76
11-08-2009, 10:15 AM
I have a child that screams and cries when "in the night garden" comes on, she sobs her little heart out!
bless her!

sarah

cabby
11-08-2009, 10:42 AM
i have one thats terrified of number jacks (hes 4 1/2), he cries at scooby doo, night garden and thomas the tank engine:panic:

jessie1
11-08-2009, 11:37 AM
The Man's name is Justin and to be honest he is pretty good. at least for my daughter she is not onto telly that much but loves Justin and he has different themes everyday and does sign language as well. He is Mr Tumble and grandad Tumble as well and sometimes even a crying baby in a crib, lol. But yes all kids are different I might end up having a mindee that doesnt like him.

cuffleygirl
11-08-2009, 01:49 PM
That's really wierd 'cos I've often thought he is a little strange too - not a man that you would see down the pub with a pint! (not that that makes a man normal!). A man who dresses as a clown and it seems like forced happy not natural. Sorry I don't mean to upset or offend anyone just prefer mr maker!

cabby
11-08-2009, 02:24 PM
no no, give me sportacus (from lazy town) any day:blush:

is that a bit weird:)

georgie456
11-08-2009, 02:27 PM
One of my mindees used to be scared of 'Come Inside' (the one where the house comes alive and the man goes in and reads stories) He used to scream when the house 'woke up'....

ORKSIE
11-08-2009, 02:42 PM
that's funny! i had a child once that was scared of the dancing bear on tellitubies, not the one with the lion but the one that danced on the merry go round!

One of my mindees years ago was scared of the lion in teletubbies that chased the bear, or played hide and seek:huh: I cant remember, but this child always hid in my kitchen when the lion camoe on.:D

devoncm
11-08-2009, 02:46 PM
My sister when she was small used to cry when sooty came on-never knew whhy, and my dd loved watching come outside until one day aunt mabel got locked in cupboard and her toaster caught fire, since then she hasnt liked it

Pipsqueak
11-08-2009, 03:30 PM
I have a child that screams and cries when "in the night garden" comes on, she sobs her little heart out!
bless her!

sarah

don't blame her - so do I (and at Peppa 'sinister' Pig)

bibby76
11-08-2009, 04:46 PM
I get quite annoyed with peppa pig, they never really use there manners!!!! maybe its just me but everytime peppa and george ask for something, i end up adding please.......................... and the kids look at me like im mad!!!!!!:rolleyes:

sarah

sunnysmile
11-08-2009, 04:57 PM
I can understand that I was terrified of Bagpuss as a child :o

miffy
11-08-2009, 05:00 PM
One of my mindees years ago was scared of the lion in teletubbies that chased the bear

I had a mindee who was scared of that too - I never really understood why.

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
11-08-2009, 05:10 PM
my 2 year old mindee doesn't like the man who plays Mr Tumble.

We never have the TV on in the mornings as we are always out but this morning as we are at home I put the tele on at snack time and (I don't know the mans name) came on and my LO ran crying to me and sat on my lap.

Now if it was Mr Tumble ( with the make up and funny clothes) I could understand but an ordinary person, what's that about?

Has anybody else had this happen to their mindees.

The 3.5yr old I look after is the same. Asks for it to be turned off.

ZoeAlli
11-08-2009, 05:39 PM
My Lo and the mindees I have, love Something Special with Mr tumble and Justin, it's the one program they sit absolutely (well in childrens terms!!) still for!- I think Justin's forced smile and happiness is because it is an "inclusive" program and expressions are more pronounced than normal!!!

sarah707
11-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Ds used to cry when we sang '5 little ducks' - he thought they were lost :rolleyes:

I might remind the strapping teenager of that when he's in a strop one day :laughing:

Gizmo
11-08-2009, 06:02 PM
My dd doesnt like the Numberjacks either and hides behind the couch:panic:

chewy sweets
11-08-2009, 07:05 PM
my 15 month old LOVES Mr Tumble! Can't get enough of him! Him and Iggle Piggle!! xx

marian
11-08-2009, 07:11 PM
I have one mindee who gets hysterical when Big Cook Little Cook comes on

Marian x

Lady Haha
11-08-2009, 08:41 PM
The 15month old I was looking after recently loved 'In the Night Garden', but screamed the place down whenever Macka Packa (or whatever his name is!) came on! I'm sure there are more scary things on In the Night Garden than that little snail like thing!

Sadie's Mum
11-08-2009, 08:47 PM
My sister when she was small used to cry when sooty came on-never knew whhy, and my dd loved watching come outside until one day aunt mabel got locked in cupboard and her toaster caught fire, since then she hasnt liked it

my daughter used to cry whenever Come Outside came on. As soon as the theme music started that was it she was in tears. From what we can make out she didn't like the dog getting in the plane at the start lol It doesn't bother her now though

Minstrel
11-08-2009, 09:01 PM
When my son was younger he used to hate 'Step Inside' on CBeebies. Its a story telling programme and the house with a great big face on it would scare the life out of him