PDA

View Full Version : Photos HELP

nicaukids
11-08-2009, 08:20 AM
Good Morning

Really stuck - just a quick request this morning (I know I've seen something on here somewhere....)

Photos.... want to keep them organised and secure - can I give certain access to certain parents - some have agreed to all photos, while one family have refused, but I still want to share photos of thier children with them ....
IYKWIM...?

What site do you recommend?

Apologies - first mindee at the dooor :eek:
Nicky

Mollymop
11-08-2009, 08:22 AM
Sorry I don't know. Hope someone else can help soon

katickles
11-08-2009, 08:39 AM
I don't understand what your asking:blush:

Parents have refused photos? If they are refusing for you to take photographs of their child, then you can not take photos & share them.

nicaukids
11-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Sorry Guys....
Knew it was too rushed this morning :(

Parents have refused photos of their children appearing on any of my promotional stuff including website.

How do I share what we do with this set of parents?
I can't afford (time & money) to print off the many photos.

While I really like freewebs - uploading photos takes an absolute age - and I'd really like an easy / fast / idiot proof / secure option.
Heard of flicr & photobucket ... but don't know enough about either...

Just looking for reccomendations before I start really.
Non of us has time to "waste" :rolleyes:
Thanks, Nx

tashaleee
15-08-2009, 12:50 PM
I currently put mine onto disk for them - hadnt thought about uploading them to a photo site so would be interested if anyone ever has an answeron that one....:thumbsup:

childmind04
16-08-2009, 09:22 AM
Yes i would just put them on a disc for them :)

ZoeAlli
16-08-2009, 09:34 AM
I currently print all my photos off as they go in the children's journals- however, I am looking for alternatives as it is costly, but am concerned about data protection/ confidentiality side of things.
I am sorry I can't help you but I hope you get the help you need!!

nicaukids
16-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Thanks guys...
Have now read a couple of other threads - and hadn't thought about the data protection aspect.

Suspect I will now collate on my new laptop [that's still sitting on the sideboard waiting to be "sorted"] and do discs for Christmas... 2 birds, 1 stone :)

Thanks for help & advice.
Nx

brillminder
16-08-2009, 08:16 PM
i use picsa on yahoo you can email invite to familys only or leave open etc lots of options

Ally
17-08-2009, 08:51 AM
I put mine onto disc every so often if I think the parents might like them. Have some video as well which they love watching as it shows them how happy their child is in the setting. The interesting ones I print off on a photo printer at the end of the day and put them in their diaries. A small selection that is - sometimes only one other times could be 6 and other days none!

Ally

fridaysoff
19-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Hi, I have been printing ours and its expensive. Also been taking some video clips with my camera which are great, so have been putting them on a thing called: smilebox. It's a scrapbook online thing, but the pictures aren't online (don't ask me how it works) This wouldn't help you for the people who don't want pics butis great fro Xmas and stuff if you have a clip and want to share it. Smilebox has loads of templates all set up with music and little animations. It's really easy. last Xmas I took pics of the Xmas party and vid clip. Stuck on smilebox and changed music for them singing twinkle star, parents and the children really liked it. I email it over and then parents open it and can forward to their relatives, who can all send you feedback. I have found it useful for sharing a recipe, put 1 pic and a clip on and that's the diary for the day. (obviously gotta do the permissions.) It's a value added thing - not a timesaver!! I put pics on a disc - but it takes ages to collate them because I keep leaving it!:blush: