PDA

View Full Version : potential mindee...help

sweets
11-08-2009, 07:56 AM
Ihave some parents coming round this aft wanting care for their 9mnth baby from december, its only 2 days a week, i was hoping for a full timer! i will also need a varialtion for it as i will have a 10 month old then too!
Would you mention to them that it depends on ofsted saying yes or if they say that they do want me should if just keep quiet till i have rang ofsted.
I don't really want to ring ofsted before as they may not even want me.
Also would it be terrible if i say yes to these people and then let then down if a full timer comes along, i wouldn't do it nearer the time but if someone rang me say in sept that would give them plenty of time to find someone else.
sorry for all the questions, i am just in panic mode as i don't like 1st time meetings!!

Mollymop
11-08-2009, 08:03 AM
Yes I would mention it to the parents. I have been quite lucky with my parent meetings they have mainly all wanted care and signed straight away (think they were all desperate!! haha), so you may find they want to sign up with you straight away, so best you let them know what is happening. If they are happy then you can contact them once you have got the go ahead from ofsted and they can sign. It wouldn't be fair, like you said to have them think you are available and then ofsted turn your variation down.
Good luck hope it all works out.

katickles
11-08-2009, 08:05 AM
I would mention it :)

Tatjana
11-08-2009, 09:07 AM
I would say to mention it too. It's understandable you would want to take on more work if a full time mindee came along, but you never know you might get someone that it looking for the other 3 days.

Good luck!

xx

Chimps Childminding
11-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Don't know about where you are, but full timers are very rare around here! If they want two days you could always advertise for the other 3 days and fill the space that way, plus also, if you have a full timer and they leave you stand to lose a lot of money, sometimes better not having all your eggs in one basket!:thumbsup:

sweets
11-08-2009, 11:38 AM
i have 3 part timers at the mo so a full timer would be nice. they are coming at 2 so i am just having a mad dash round tidying up while mindee is asleep. oh and of course checking up whats happening on here! lol.