PDA

View Full Version : what is inappropriate footwear and how to manage

newandlearning
11-08-2009, 06:19 AM
hi..

I'm just wondering if everyone has a clothing policy and if so if you specify suitable footwear..

what is appropriate footwear for summer.. how do you tell parents about this?
and... how to you deal with the LOs showing up in inappropriate footwear?

would love to hear everyone's thoughts.. thanks a lot xx

nannymcflea
11-08-2009, 06:25 AM
Well,it's personal choice but I do have a policy that says children wearing innapropriate footwear may not be able to use climbing frames etc.

These include open toe sandals,crocs,play shoes.If you send your child in these please can you send another pair of shoes/trainers so your child does not miss out.

Is that the sort of thing you mean?

balloon
11-08-2009, 06:34 AM
After having a child turn up in 'croc' type shoes that crippled her poor little feet and made them bleed I said no crocs, no flip flops and no 'scholl' type shoes.

I just put it into a newsletter (and then a policy) saying they were too dangerous to wear on play equipment and in some instances have made children's feet very sore.

miffy
11-08-2009, 06:44 AM
I send out reminders in my newsletters about footwear and coats!

I don't have a policy about it but parents know (and so do the children) that they won't be allowed to use the climbing frames etc if they've only got open toed sandals, flip-flops etc.

Miffy xx

Mollymop
11-08-2009, 09:01 AM
I haven't got a policy on clothing, but most of my parents bring spare shoes, eg - if mindee comes in sandals there would be a pair of trainers in their bag.

sarah707
11-08-2009, 05:54 PM
I send out reminders in my newsletters about footwear and coats!

I don't have a policy about it but parents know (and so do the children) that they won't be allowed to use the climbing frames etc if they've only got open toed sandals, flip-flops etc.

Miffy xx

Same here :D

her8y
11-08-2009, 06:20 PM
I just ask parents to bring a pair of trainers for play and wellies for a rainy day after Uggs were worn by a little one on a very wet day. Did have one parent say but they dont match the outfit. My reply (I was feeling brave) Change the outfit.

Do put reminders in newsletter but do not have a seperate policy.

ZoeAlli
11-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Don't have a clothing policy but tend to just ask parents to make sure they have suitable footwear! One parent has put wellies in the bag permanently whereas another doesn't always take weather into account- am looking at doing a newsletter, which I will include clothing in!
:) :)