PDA

View Full Version : September 2010!!

grindal
10-08-2009, 08:46 PM
I had a first time mum to be come and visit me this afternoon. She wants a term time only place for her unborn daughter from next September :eek: It felt a bit wierd discussing the possibility of looking after her unborn baby, but as DS1 will be starting school next Sept it would fit in quite well :blush:

miffy
10-08-2009, 08:54 PM
I'd hold off making any commitment until after the baby is born.

Miffy xx

It's a small world
10-08-2009, 08:56 PM
What about retainers/deposits etc... how far pregnant is mum to be...isn't it a bit premature :rolleyes:

sweets
10-08-2009, 08:57 PM
crikey she's organised thinking that far ahead. i'd tell her to contact you again after christmas at the earliest, you can't hold a place that long!

Tatjana
10-08-2009, 08:59 PM
OMG! She's organised and thinking ahead! :laughing:

Sounds ideal though to have a mindee lined up when your son starts school!

xx

peanuts
10-08-2009, 09:00 PM
i had one. told mum to come and see me once child was born then we would discuss things like fees/retainers ect.

grindal
10-08-2009, 09:00 PM
crikey she's organised thinking that far ahead. i'd tell her to contact you again after christmas at the earliest, you can't hold a place that long!

Bizzarely I do not have a space to hold at the moment, but as DS1 starts school next Sept I will have a space then. I have suggested she contacts me again when her baby is born.

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
11-08-2009, 07:42 AM
Dont forget u cant take any money for an un born child xxx

Gizmo
11-08-2009, 07:51 AM
She is very organised, I have had an enquiry for after school from Aug 2010 told her to contact me a wee bit nearer the time :laughing:

grindal
11-08-2009, 07:59 AM
Dont forget u cant take any money for an un born child xxx

Ooohh - thanks, did not know that :rolleyes: TBH I would have felt very uncomfortable taking a deposit for an unborn baby, so this is good to know. She was a very organised, and very nice lady, wanting to get things sorted out so she could enjoy her maternity leave. She is a teacher and as an ex teacher myself I understand where she is coming from. I hope she will contact me again after her baby is born.

TheBTeam
11-08-2009, 08:28 AM
I know it sounds early, but i started out looking for daycare for my son when i went on maternity leave from work, I was planning to return to work when my baby was 7 months old, so i was looking a year ahead to get a feel for what was around! Although it was a nursery that my son went to so i thought i needed to be sure earlier than i would have done with a childminder!

Mollymop
11-08-2009, 08:29 AM
A lot can happen in 1 year, she may change her mind nearer the time and not want to go back to work, or extand her mat leave, etc. So I would be keeping an open mind about it just incase it doesn't work out the way you have both planned x