PDA

View Full Version : House RA

It's a small world
10-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Feel like I should just live on this page now.

I had a cleaning rota for /daily/weekly and monthly. includes
Table and chairs clean
Vacuum
Empty bins
Check soap
Tidy toys away

and so on

Now with the house risk assessment do I include things like:

CHeck stair gate shut
Check cupboards are locked
Look for hazards.
Plugs covers on
Fire blanket in place
first aid box accessible

and so on.

What do you do daily/weekly/monthl/annually am I right as above do you have any cleaning on your house RA or is it all on your cleaning schedule.--obviously a these are just a few examples.
Be so glad when I have basics...seem to be adding all the time..just had to go and buy more folders...heavens knows what I'll be like when I have mindees

Sorry if I've been a pain today on this section ---RA....

sarah707
30-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Sounds like you are getting there!

The key is to risk assess everything a child might come into contact with... that's what it says in the Eyfs.

There is a list of things you absolutely MUST risk assess in the guidance pages that come with the Eyfs as well, so make sure you go through that.

Don't apologise we all started from scratch once :D

angeldelight
04-09-2009, 07:29 AM
How you doing Kerrie you finding it easier now ?

Angel xx

It's a small world
04-09-2009, 09:18 AM
Thank you for checking up on me.

Well I have a chart got the idea from Sarah actually.

Daily RA. Split into each room used for childminding/ Have also included an extra box at bottom of each for other/actions - so anything crops up it can be added. I have 5 boxes (week1 /week 2/week 3 etc) and each box has 5 smaller boxes for the days -mon to fri. Its easy to understand and doesn't mean lots of time needs completing in so have time for chidlren.

At the moment only have one mindee 2 days a week so everything is ticked. When / if I get more mindees will do somethings every couple of days IE: vaccum every other day unless needed / clean toilet&sink -again unless needed.
Things like - stair gates closed/ doors shuit/windows locked/ plug socket covers/ obstructions etc..ticked daily
Garden is only ever RA if we are going outside (weather not been that great lately)

I have printed 12 pages for the above one for each month(so files don't get full too quickly)

I also have RA for regular outings ie school run/ local park/ visit ducks These are just one sheet and get reviewed every 3 months unless more than 3 otehr RAs crop up in which case will ned to create another page.

These display
WHAT RAs ARE IDENTIFIED - Strangers/dogs/roads etc
PRECAUTIONS ALREADY IN PLACE -mobile phone/harnesses/ emergency contacts etc.
EXTRA PRECAUTIONS: Check weather/suitable clothing/all equipment checked and in good condition etc
OTHER RAs NOTIFIED (I have a few boxes in case there is more than one.)

Then I have RAs for : OUTINGS/OUTINGS IN CAR/OUTINGS ON PUBLIC TRANSPORT/ACTIVITIES...These get filled as and when required.

Not sure if these are right but thats how I have done it and bound to have missed something or done something wrong..

Sorry to have gone into too much detail but you did ask :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sarah707
04-09-2009, 09:27 AM
That all sounds great!

Thank you for sharing it for other members :D

It's a small world
04-09-2009, 09:30 AM
That all sounds great!

Thank you for sharing it for other members :D

Thanks Sarah..just posted on another RA thread saying I wasn't sure Ive covered everything. I know things will be added as I go along but at least I have the basics...:clapping:

Chatterbox Childcare
04-09-2009, 09:56 AM
I have a risk assessment for each room containing its contents and then one for the car, walking, each outing etc...

If you want a template pm me your email address and you can have a look at it if you want to