PDA

View Full Version : YOUR FIRST MINDEE DO YOU ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT CHILD THE MOST??

Mollymop
10-08-2009, 07:38 PM
I don;'t know if it is just me, but I have such fond memories of my first mindee and often dream about her, and they are so lovely. (I have only been minding for 16 mnths)

She is coming back from Canada to see everyone a year after she left us and I cant' wait to see her.

I only had her for 5 months (everyday though) but some of you guys have mindees for years and years and even me, I have had most of my latest mindees for a year now, not 5 months, but I feel a special feeling towards this mindee more than most.

Does anyone else feel like this about their very first mindee?

Mollymop
10-08-2009, 07:40 PM
I gotta let you know about my dreams. - She appears in my bedroom while I am in bed in the middle of the night and gets in bed with me and cuddles up and I love to see her and cuddle her.

SOmetime I see her at the local park and we play for ages, she is on her own and stays with me for the day and I treasure it.

Weird!!??!!!

margimum
10-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Sorry to say but many of my mindees blur over the years.:blush:
This lo must have made a big impression on your family. As she was 'taken away' from you by moving house it feels more of a wrench. Most of mine have just grown and 'moved on', so I still see them around.
I do admit to nightmares where I wake and I'm SURE I've misplaced one:eek:

FussyElmo
10-08-2009, 08:06 PM
I miss my first baby I ever had. Had her from 9 weeks so she was very much a part of the family.

Dont miss my first ever mindee was glad when he went - sorry if that offends anyone!

Its lovely that you still think so much of her!!!

ZoeAlli
10-08-2009, 08:10 PM
I still see my first mindees around and still have good contact with them as they are the children of a good friend. :) I still see alot of the other mindees I looked after around too. They left due to circumstance change or grew out of needing care!!

nannymcflea
10-08-2009, 08:21 PM
No...but do miss one of mine who left about a year ago...I think some you bond with more than others...this little girl was like my own little one.(but we do treat them ALL like family:D )

Mollymop
10-08-2009, 08:26 PM
Maybe it is because she left the country and thought I would never see her again. That is why she is always there and creeps in my dreams.:)

Chimps Childminding
10-08-2009, 08:32 PM
My first one lives local and I see her quite often (she is 11 now and I had her from 10 weeks until she started middle school). She still runs up and gives me a cuddle bless her! The one I miss the most was only with me for about 18 months (6 months - 2 years), but i would have quite happily kept her if her mum had asked! Cried and cried when she left to go to a minder nearer home (she lived quite a way from me, but mum worked near me, only trouble was she kept falling asleep on the way home and then wouldn't go to bed at night :( ) Still miss her and wonder how she is!!!!:blush:

sarah707
10-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Here's mine - isn't she pretty?

I looked after her from when she was 3 months old and she was lovely from the first day.

She arrived in an emergency flurry after mum was let down and my neighbour happened to know I'd just registered.

She is 15 soon and I went to see her last week in France.

She's coming over in a few weeks for a visit... then dd will go back to her home - I can't wait to spoil her! :D

Winnie
10-08-2009, 09:07 PM
Gosh, you got me thinking if i could remember all their names:panic: yes- mostly :) I have very fond memories –just a few a little hazy- but its scary thinking how old some of them must be now.

My first mindee died when he was a lad, he was special for a number of reasons, he was just a lovely boy. I had him for 3+ yrs and he taught me a great deal. When I went to his funeral I felt very sad that he’d died, proud that I had known him but also a little… unsettled…all I could think was ‘Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is God's gift, that's why we call it the present’ it made me look at my work differently, every day is special and its the children who make it so.

sue m
10-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Mine is 22 now. She was 9 months when I had her first of all. Unfortunately I don't see her because I moved away 7 years ago but my son saw her once in the pub and knew it was her and said he felt really old and it ruined his evening! :rolleyes: :laughing:

ORKSIE
10-08-2009, 09:32 PM
My first mindee's sister is now my God daughter! I feel so proud!

Cammie Doodle
10-08-2009, 09:42 PM
I have a few that I cried over and still miss, but it was not my first. I think some children just get to you and take a little bit of you with them when they leave .

sue m
10-08-2009, 09:56 PM
My first mindee's sister is now my God daughter! I feel so proud!

Oooh I forgot about that, one of mine is my goddaughter too! :clapping: I looked after 2 of our doctor's little boys and girl and am Godmother to the little girl.

Lady Haha
10-08-2009, 10:06 PM
I still have my first mindee and I've been looking after her for over two years now! She is special though, because I've seen her grow up so much from the five year old clumsy oaf that she was (!), to the 7 year old going on 25 arriving with her handbag every day!!! She thinks of my house as one of her 'homes' now! She has three, mums, dads and mine!

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
11-08-2009, 12:28 PM
This is going to stand terrible but I really didn't like my first mindee couldn't get on with her at all and as for the mum that was even worse I gave notice in the end.

LittleMissSparkles
11-08-2009, 12:35 PM
my very first I chose to forget as it was baby C and the hassle with his mum has only just finished after nearly 2 years ( some of you will no what i mean ) , he was adorable though it was mum that spilt my first experience.

I have A still who was technically my 2nd mindeebut who willbe remembered as my first and she islovely i love having her and watchin her grow up, shes almost 8 and I ve had her since she was 5

x

louise
11-08-2009, 04:44 PM
My 1st only left in March but i miss him and my ds does even more. I only had him for a long time. He was 11months when he started and 3 when he left. I had seen him grow so much. Him and ds got such a bond. This summer has been hard for ds as he is missing his playfriend as ive only got a baby mindee at the mo. We have meet up several times. When he has come over her to play he acts like its still his place. It has been hard to step back at times as im so use to mum not being there. He only left as mum is on maternity leave. I picked up a friends child from preschool one day and i went in before old mindees mum and he was so excited to see me. It was so cute and nice to know that he missed me.