PDA

View Full Version : OMG OMG OMG! Please someone help!!

Doll123
10-08-2009, 07:06 PM
OMG! my first ofsted visit is 2moro, i am pooing my pants as im just reading through my "are you ready for your inspection" booklet and it says about a Self Evaluation Form. Is this compulsary for my visit as it is now 8 o'clock and have just printed it off to find its 27 pages long!!!! i dont want to sit up untill gone midnight filling this in if i dont have to! Please help!!!!

Katie xxx

Mrs.L.C
10-08-2009, 07:11 PM
No not at all esp if this is a pre reg visit. I dont even think it is require if it is a pre reg visit. Many chilminder have not yet done the SEF. All that will happen is Ofsted may ask you the questions that are on the SEF and the inspection may take slightly longer

Stop worrying You will be fine

Good luck

Doll123
10-08-2009, 07:13 PM
no its my first inspection have been going for nearly 6 months, i am very annoyed at my Surestart advisor for not telling me i had to do this!

sweets
10-08-2009, 07:15 PM
don't panic!!!!!!!!!!!!! the SEF is not compulsory, i havn't done mine and don't intend too (i got a 'good' without it which i am happy with). BUT a lot of people on here have said that it helped them during inspection. the inspectors do prefer you to have filled it in online so they can read it before they come, but obviously you can't do that now. Don't worry about filling it all in but if you have time tonight why not make a start on it and just do a few sections. just a few words in them so the inspector can see you are doing it.
good luck:)

zillervalley
10-08-2009, 07:16 PM
no its not compulsary

you will be fine let us know how you get on
ziller

Doll123
10-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Oh THANK YOU SWEETS! not compulsary is what i wanted to hear! i still have a few niggly bits i need to do before the morning gunna do them first them maybe make a start on it in the morning!

Thankyou again xxx

Mrs.L.C
10-08-2009, 07:17 PM
It is a new thing that came in when EYFS started in September. You should have had a letter from Ofsted about it with a code to be able to log on.

If you have not had anything from Ofsted about it then mention it when they come out and they should be able to send it to you for the future.

It is a good document to look at your setting which you can review from time to time which will help you think how can I make the best out of my setting etc

I found once you get into it, it is easier to understand. It reminds me of an inspection report

I know a childminder who got an outstanding with her first visit (after minding for 6 months) and she didnt have her SEF done

sweets
10-08-2009, 07:19 PM
i did start mine and got about half way (took me hours!) when i read it back it was all WAFFLE! lol. so i gave up. :laughing: its supposed be for looking back on and improving your practice and reflecting on it. but i do this often anyway but only in my head and not on paper!

It's a small world
10-08-2009, 07:42 PM
I heard that you do not need to complete the SEF if you have only just started with mindees..

I looked at it the other day and it looked mind boggling...my ofsted shouldn't be until NOv/Dec so I have plenty of time..

Good luck for tmomorrow

RedDragon
10-08-2009, 07:47 PM
Up until midnight? It will take you about 4 days without moving from your chair lol.

Too late for the SEF so don't worry about it.

If you feel you are doing well, the children are happy and safe in your care this will show in your inspection.

Relax, let the inspector come and inspect you and let us know how you got on tomorrow.

Life is too short for worry (when you know you are doing a good job).

You will be fine.

:D

sarah707
10-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Like Red Dragon says, it's too late to do the Sef so stop worrying.

What you could easily do tonight is make some notes about how brilliant you are and how you want to improve.

I don't mean anything fancy or long winded... just go with the Every child matters outcomes.

So for keeping children safe you could list how you - teach road / fire safety; do regular fire practices; have risk assessments in place... and how you intend to put bark on your outside play area when finances allow.

This way you are showing that you are thinking about your service and how you intend to improve - that's what the Sef is all about.

Good luck! :D

childmind04
10-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Another good idea from Sarah, notes will also help you remember your positive practice, its amazing what you forget when you get an inspection :)

Good luck you will be fine :thumbsup:

estrelas
10-08-2009, 08:09 PM
I'm getting scared now!!

people registered in March are now having inspections :panic: :panic: :panic: :laughing:

Good luck with yours sure you'll be fine xxx

miffy
10-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Just wanted to wish you good luck - I'm sure you'll be fine!

Miffy xx

ZoeAlli
10-08-2009, 08:14 PM
i did start mine and got about half way (took me hours!) when i read it back it was all WAFFLE! lol. so i gave up. :laughing: its supposed be for looking back on and improving your practice and reflecting on it. but i do this often anyway but only in my head and not on paper!

Me Too!!! :)
I am due a re-inspection and think I may have another go at the SEF though- but will be paper format!!

:) :)

nannymcflea
10-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Good luck, best get a good nights sleep rather than do a SEF.
Just be yourself and you'll be fine.
Let us know how it goes.:thumbsup:

sweets
10-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Me Too!!! :)
I am due a re-inspection and think I may have another go at the SEF though- but will be paper format!!

:) :)

LOL i might have another look at mine prob about 6mnths before my next inspections due in about 2 and half years!:laughing:

sweets
12-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Hi just wondered, how did it go?