PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way to arrange a reference?

Tatjana
10-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Just had a parent meeting and they are keen but want to talk to the parents of my current mindee. I said I would ask the parents and then give them the prosepective parents number.

But is this the best way? Why would my parent want to run up their phone bill calling someone they don't know?! I guess I could ask them to call from my house/phone...

Help, what's the best way to do this?

TIA

xx

Tatjana
10-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Anyone????????

Pretty pleaaaaase???

xx

sweets
10-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Just ask them, i'm sure they wouldn't mind. or ask them if you can pass there number on to the new family, thats what i did when i was nannying. nobody ever bothered about the cost, its only a phone call.

sarah707
10-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Do you have any ex-mindees parents who are happy to talk to prospective new ones?

Otherwise I would check with the parent first that they are happy to have their number given out THEN pass it to the prospective parents.

I always ask when children are leaving if parents are ok about getting strange calls to give a reference and use them for about a year then move on to someone else...

Hth :D

christine e
10-08-2009, 08:46 PM
I would ask the parents of your current mindee if they would mind if you gave their phone number to the prospective mindee's parents then it would be the prospective mindees parents picking up the cost of the call.

Cx

FizzysFriends
10-08-2009, 08:47 PM
I have done this before and gave prospective parents current parents phone number to call with permission of course

grindal
10-08-2009, 08:48 PM
Hi
How about asking current mindees parents to write an open reference that you can show to any new prospective parents?

Tatjana
10-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Oh lovely, yes much better to ask mindees parent if I can give their number :thumbsup:

Alison, good idea, but unfortunately they are the type that would 'forget' lol!

Thank you, as always, everyone!

xx

grindal
10-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Oh lovely, yes much better to ask mindees parent if I can give their number :thumbsup:

Alison, good idea, but unfortunately they are the type that would 'forget' lol!

Thank you, as always, everyone!

xx

You could always write yourself a reference and ask them to sign it for you!!!

Tatjana
10-08-2009, 09:05 PM
You could always write yourself a reference and ask them to sign it for you!!!

It would be GLOWING!!!!

:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1: