PDA

View Full Version : just been for a drink with mindees mum and dad

hayleychildcare
10-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Hi parents for my full time mindee turned up early today when we were out so as i live opposite a pub they sent me a text to say that is where they were. When i got ther dad asked if i wanted to stay for a dink (i never refuse a drink) and he got my son (aged 9 ) a coke. anyway to cut a long story short, i found out so much that i ddint know (had mindee for 2 years full time) Parents are actually nice people. :jump for joy:
I always though mum was well ..... stuck up.. but she isnt she just annoyed that i can get her son to behave and she carnt:laughing:
So all in all a good hour and a half. Also mindee wouldnt go to mum the whole time:mad: mum didnt care though she got to have a drink in peace

margimum
10-08-2009, 06:46 PM
I have got to know so much about parents outside minding hours:blush: :blush:
I think it has helped them to see me as an adult too who is not always singing nursery rhymes and got weetabix in my hair:laughing:
Saying that, I know of a cm who went on holiday with three sets of parents all together:eek: Too much!!

nannymcflea
11-08-2009, 06:40 AM
I dropped one of my lo's off the other day as I was going to the park next to their house on the way home. It started to rain so we(me and my 2 girls) went in and had tea and cake. Very nice cake and a lovely chat too.:D

miffy
11-08-2009, 06:50 AM
Hi parents for my full time mindee turned up early today when we were out so as i live opposite a pub they sent me a text to say that is where they were. When i got ther dad asked if i wanted to stay for a dink (i never refuse a drink) and he got my son (aged 9 ) a coke. anyway to cut a long story short, i found out so much that i ddint know (had mindee for 2 years full time) Parents are actually nice people. :jump for joy:
I always though mum was well ..... stuck up.. but she isnt she just annoyed that i can get her son to behave and she carnt:laughing:
So all in all a good hour and a half. Also mindee wouldnt go to mum the whole time:mad: mum didnt care though she got to have a drink in peace

That's a really nice story - funny how your impressions of people can change if you spend a bit more social time with them.

Miffy xx

tinkerbelle
11-08-2009, 07:01 AM
i regularly go out for a drink with my mindees mums and go to their houses for coffee i recently had a anne summers party and invited all my mums most came as well turned out to be a drunken riot it was brilliant