PDA

View Full Version : Please help, I am in a tizz!!!

Adiamond
10-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Well as the title says I am getting myself in a right state about what paperwork I SHOULD be doing.
I have been minding for just over 5 weeks now, I look after a 15 month old and I have just done day one with a 17 month old.
I have done the daily diaries which I write in what we have done, where we have been what they have had to eat, sleep etc...... and that goes home every day.

So now my I am totally confused, I have been having sleepless nights about this :panic: I know I need to do observations and these are things I see the los do and then I write it down and link it to the 6 areas,how indepth do these need to be? am I on the right track??

Then I put these into their learing journals??

The los are still young and they don't sit still long enough to do a planned activity, the 15 month old just likes to get as many toys out as she can and then only plays with the farm and the 17 month old mainly plays with the doll and pushchair and she likes to feed and wipe baby!!
So any suggestions there will be greatly appreciated.

I just feel totally confused about all of this, I need someone to just point out what order I need to be doing things so I can get on with it and get myself into a routine and stop worrying about it all.

Sorry it's a long one and thank you to any who reply x x x

mummyroysof3
10-08-2009, 04:51 PM
im registered but not minding yet so only have my own 3, not really sure i can offer advice as ill proberly be posting a similar post when i get my 1st mindee, didnt want to read and run though, the daily diary sounds great and as far as i can tell letting the child follow their own interests is great:)

charlotte x

cherry
10-08-2009, 04:58 PM
I found Sarah707 ebooks a great help, why don't you have a look at her website. :thumbsup:

http://eyfsforchildminders.webnode.com//

georgie456
10-08-2009, 05:01 PM
I found Sarah707 ebooks a great help, why don't you have a look at her website. :thumbsup:

http://eyfsforchildminders.webnode.com//

You took the words right out of my mouth!

I would HIGHLY recommend you have a look at Sarah's e-books. I have a few and they are amazingly helpful, and I find I refer to them constantly...

misst104
10-08-2009, 05:32 PM
I feel exactly the same way!! I have been minding for a few weeks now and I am really struggling to know where to start with it all. I have to say though that I have got Sarah's e-book on learning journeys and its REALLY GOOD. I am just getting confused with what to put where and how much to write etc, etc. Glad its not just me!!!!

We will get there (I hope! :) )

xxx jo

Lainey Lou
10-08-2009, 05:38 PM
Hiya, I was in exactly the same predicament as yourself, I did the daily diary but was totally unsure about the the learning journey file and what to put in it etc. Sarah707 recommended one of her books 'Learning Journeys for EYFS' and it has really helped me out as to what to put in them etc. Still feel like I've got a long way to go but I'll get there eventually! Loads of helpful info and defo worth the money x:)

misst104
10-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Hiya, I was in exactly the same predicament as yourself, I did the daily diary but was totally unsure about the the learning journey file and what to put in it etc. Sarah707 recommended one of her books 'Learning Journeys for EYFS' and it has really helped me out as to what to put in them etc. Still feel like I've got a long way to go but I'll get there eventually! Loads of helpful info and defo worth the money x:)

Yep. Thats the one I got too!
xxx

sarah707
10-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Oh thank you guys! :blush:

Jessiebessie, I think you are trying too hard!

A 15 month old will play with the toys he wants, he might occasionally do some mark making or bash at playdough. He will be interested in lining things up or carrying things around or making chalk lines on the patio... those are your observations.

Then you simply need to work to his interests and offer him more activities that he will enjoy and that will develop his abilities... so if he likes cars, show him how to make tracks in the mud or sand... put more water in the sand to see the difference... play with the water tray and see if he enjoys that... ALL the things you already do!

The only difference is, with Eyfs, you need to write it up and show how it meets the learning and development bits...

Hth :D

Adiamond
10-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Awwww thanks everyone, I am just feeling panicky that I am not doing what I am supposed to be!!!!!!!! x x x

zillervalley
10-08-2009, 07:20 PM
read the ebooks, and i am sure that all will come into place for you

ziller

It's a small world
10-08-2009, 09:04 PM
think I'm gouing to have to invest in some of sarahs ebook...good job I get paid on friday.....