PDA

View Full Version : claiming for a dish washer....can I?

julie w
10-08-2009, 03:00 PM
I've never had or needed a dishwasher before, but during the school holidays I seem to do nothing but wash plates and dishes. If I bought a dishwasher could I put it through as expenses (or part expenses) as if I wasn't childminding I wouldn't need one? What do you think? Thankyou.

FizzysFriends
10-08-2009, 03:03 PM
I wouldn't personally, appliances come under wear and tear as far as I know. Also tax man can argue that a dishwasher wouldn't benefit the children.

zillervalley
10-08-2009, 03:11 PM
I wouldnt if I was you either, dosent benifit the child, just yourself, but you could also say that it doed benefit the children cos you are not standing washing dishers all day,lolo more time with mindees

ziller

ORKSIE
10-08-2009, 04:00 PM
I think you could if you had bought it because of the volume of w up you need to do during the day.
And you didnt have one before just for your family.
Does that make sence :huh: :)

sweets
10-08-2009, 04:39 PM
if you are going to put it through, id just do a %. maybe 30-50%

It's a small world
10-08-2009, 07:36 PM
I presume if you can claim for washing liquid you should be able to for dishwasher tablets as well?????

Doesn't take long to wash pots though...Or could leave if for dh (very hygienic !!!!:laughing: )

sweets
10-08-2009, 07:55 PM
You could get the kids to wash up as its a life skill! lol. i asked a boy once who was 10 at the time to wash up and he didn't have a clue! when i was young it was me and my sisters job to wash up every night. :laughing:

rickysmiths
10-08-2009, 08:24 PM
I wouldn't personally, appliances come under wear and tear as far as I know. Also tax man can argue that a dishwasher wouldn't benefit the children.

Interesting. I am in the process of buying one and I will be claiming for it. I am purely buying it for childminding. I will be washing their dishes. With 4 under 5s everyday for two meals plus snacks and drinks its a mountain!

I will be using it to wash toys. With the winter fast approaching and a possible increase in swine flu I thought with 4 under 5s I couldn't face washing all the toys every other day.

Also with the Hygiene requirements now. I believe it will benifit the children in my care.

I will be buying a slimline one and then next year when i have my new kitchen I will get a second matching one for my family.

Chatterbox Childcare
25-08-2009, 01:48 PM
If you already have one it comes under wear and tear but if it is new I would call the IR and ask