PDA

View Full Version : Thank you present ideas?

Lo0py
10-08-2009, 02:56 PM
My childminder will have been looking after my little one for a year next week and I wanted to give her a little something to say thank you.

So if you were my childminder what would you appreciate? I'm stuck for ideas as she doesn't drink so wine is out and chocs seems a bit lame.

MissTinkerbell
10-08-2009, 03:03 PM
My mindees have just left me and I was a teacher for 12 years so have all sorts of presents from flowers to chocolates, wine and biscuits. However the ones I treasure the most have been the ones 'made' by my children - a few I have had:

a plate with child's handprint on and 'thank you'
a mug done at one of these paint your own
a decorated picture frame (a plain wooden one from Wilcos) with a drawing of me by one of the children (my own DD did this for her reception teacher, she cried and was absolutely thrilled with it)

These are things that I have been able to keep and are treasured memories. Hand made cards are also lovely - have a drawer full that have been collected over the years!!!

mabel
10-08-2009, 03:34 PM
I always value 'presents' for the business, like a game/new book/box of crafty bits and a homemade card is just the perfect accompanient

katickles
10-08-2009, 03:36 PM
How old is your child?

Something that the child has made would be lovely but would depend on the child's age/capability.

Can I just say that I think its a lovely idea of you to do something so nice for your childminder:)

ORKSIE
10-08-2009, 03:40 PM
How about some resourses, like crayons, pencils. Or a book the children would all like to share.
I always like flowers, one mindee bought me lovely vase.
But as Tinkerbell said, the made ones are lovely:thumbsup:

sweets
10-08-2009, 03:43 PM
A book for her setting would be nice, you could even write a thankyou in the cover. i know you think chocs are lame and i see where youre coming from BUT they are nice and are always appreciated!!! lol:laughing:
A girl can never too many chocs

FussyElmo
10-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Flowers are always good. Fresh flowers always brings a smile to my face!!!!

LOOPYLISA
10-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Flowers are always good. Fresh flowers always brings a smile to my face!!!!

I would say flowers too, i love my flowers :thumbsup:

Daddy Day Care
10-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Not so sure id appretiate flowers, crate of carling would be great :)

On a more serious note, Like soem of the others have said soemtihng that your Little one could could make would be a great idea, maybe along with a small box of chocs

Gareth
xx

LOOPYLISA
10-08-2009, 03:56 PM
Not so sure id appretiate flowers, crate of carling would be great :)

On a more serious note, Like soem of the others have said soemtihng that your Little one could could make would be a great idea, maybe along with a small box of chocs

Gareth
xx

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Chimps Childminding
10-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Being a chocoholic I would say chocolates, or flowers because I love flowers. But on a practical side a nice book for her setting would be a lovely keepsake that she could have for years!

Pipsqueak
10-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Some that the child has made - those are the bits that are really lovely.
Flowers or choccies

other than that a voucher (preferably a spa weekend;) :D )

ajs
10-08-2009, 04:37 PM
i always love flowers and or chocs
one of my mindees made me a mug for mother's day which i adore
it's a lovely idea to celebrate her first anniversary one of my mums sent me flowers with a card made by the child saying how lucky she was to have me, i still have her 6 years later and i think i am the lucky one

andreaschildcare
10-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Hiya

Something personalised from www.dizzydots.co.uk :)

sarah707
10-08-2009, 06:09 PM
I like wine! :o

I always appreciate things for the business - a new game, something for outside that all the children will enjoy... those sorts of things :D

rickysmiths
10-08-2009, 10:59 PM
One of my mindees gave me an Orchid.

nannymcflea
11-08-2009, 06:34 AM
just to be thought of is fantastic.:thumbsup:

I love flowers as I never get these otherwise...hint hint hubby...:laughing:

A handmade card is lovely too.

gegele
11-08-2009, 07:53 AM
when I left my childminder I know that she had money probelm and me living just making things worse so Lola made her a drawing and I gave her an envelop with £50. she only had Lola a year but she had been fantastic to me. when Lola Hurt her arm one morning I phoned her in tears to tell her that I was taking her to hospital so she wouldn't be here she told me to calm down and she met me at hospital!!!! on the orning of our holiday my hubby had a cardiac problem and she just took Lola even though she was suppose to be off!!!!!
so it all depends on your relationship but a drawing with a note from kids is the most touching!!! (with chocolate :laughing: )

Daddy Day Care
11-08-2009, 08:56 AM
when I left my childminder I know that she had money probelm and me living just making things worse so Lola made her a drawing and I gave her an envelop with £50. she only had Lola a year but she had been fantastic to me. when Lola Hurt her arm one morning I phoned her in tears to tell her that I was taking her to hospital so she wouldn't be here she told me to calm down and she met me at hospital!!!! on the orning of our holiday my hubby had a cardiac problem and she just took Lola even though she was suppose to be off!!!!!
so it all depends on your relationship but a drawing with a note from kids is the most touching!!! (with chocolate :laughing: )

£50 :eek: :eek: Can I be Lolas next childminder please :)

Lo0py
11-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Thanks everyone for the great ideas. Going to go for a nice plant and get my son to decorate the pot - what do you think?

uf353432
11-08-2009, 04:45 PM
I think its lovely and if you ever move to Dorset look me up as nice parents who give thank you gifts are treasures :)