PDA

View Full Version : Does it get better than this???

Demonjill
10-08-2009, 09:07 AM
Hi,
Even though im not sure if im going to do cm i do want to finish the reg process as ive put lots of time and money into it already.
So i decided to phone CC today to see how my application was coming along - well now im :angry: :angry:

CC say they have not received DH disclosure their end even though i received it my end 2 days after got mine through way back 22 June!:mad:
CC also say they have not received health dec form even though my docs sent them it on 17th June:mad:
So WHY didnt the CC phone ME and tell me they had not received these things as this could have been sorted out ages ago :angry: Is this a taste of things to come?????

So now im fed up phoning between the 2 to see where ev thing is:mad:
CC are chasing up another copy of DH disclosure and sending another health request to my doc Again!!!

What a nightmare!
TBH i could really do without this as im so confused about whether i want to do cm or pursue another path in life:rolleyes: I really dont want it dragging on and on.

Sorry sorry sorry for all this moaning :blush: xx

Hebs
10-08-2009, 09:10 AM
it took almost a year for me to be registered and felt like giving up too

i'm glad i didn't though x

Blaze
10-08-2009, 09:10 AM
The joys of registering aye!:rolleyes:

It's natural to panic - think we all did - I'm panicing about returning after my maternity - now how silly is that LOL

ZoeAlli
10-08-2009, 09:39 AM
My registration process took about 6 months.
Don't panic, take some time out and relax. I know you're trying to get things sorted but maybe you need to clear your mind so you can think more clearly about whether you want to continue the process. If I am undecided about something I often make a list; in this case i would write my reasons to continue into childminding and reasons why not!
When we looked at moving we made a list of the things we liked about the house we were in and the one we were looking to move to- from doing this the reasons to move outweighed the reasons to stay!
I'm sorry if this is a bit confusing but I hope it helps :blush: .
I am sorry you have experienced problems and I hope they sort quickly- as this too may help you in your decision.
All the best in what you decide.
:)

Gizmo
10-08-2009, 11:30 AM
What a nightmare you would think they would get in touch with you, good job you called them or when would you know:panic:

fionamal
10-08-2009, 11:36 AM
It only took me 3 months to registered but then I did pester the Care Commission something terrible so it was probably to shut me up.

Stick with it cos its worth it in the long run and keep pestering them to chase it all up

Blackhorse
10-08-2009, 12:45 PM
my registration process left a very bad feeling about the cc with me.
they just dont care...I think

dont get me wrong my CCO is lovely but since she was off sick for 2 months plus I had the joy of finding out how efficient..(not) they can be.

I was on the phone to them constantly but that didnt do too much good either..
I would stay stick it out..you never know what it might be good for and as you said you have already invested a lot of effort and money into the process..
Now that you know what is missing you will be able to chase them and at least you know where you are at..
I actually think that they loose a lot of documents...they didnt have my dp's disclosure either although I had it already..and they never told me that either..I had to find out myself...

better luck for the rest of the process!!

misst104
10-08-2009, 12:46 PM
It took me 9 months to rgister and I totally know how you feel. Stick with it. It will feel great when you finally get that certificate! :thumbsup:

xxx Jo

ORKSIE
10-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Imhave read on here how registering has been a nightmare for some CM.
Hope your gets sorted soon, and whatever path you decide to take make sure you stay in touch with us:thumbsup:

Celtic Star
12-08-2009, 12:54 PM
It took me just over 3 mths to register with the CC but I have to say I found them lacking in quite alot of areas. I called them about something minor and found out that one of my referees hadn't completed the reference properly and I would need to give another referee, I asked tehm how long had that been since they got it and was told "Oh I think about 5 weeks":eek: If I hadn't rung I would never have known this until much further down the line.

I really hope things improve for you babe x

Demonjill
12-08-2009, 06:29 PM
What a nightmare you would think they would get in touch with you, good job you called them or when would you know:panic:

Exactly what i thought Joy! lol

Demonjill
12-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Thanks for all your replies! As usual some fab advice for ickle me! lol

I will keep you posted on what(if anything happens) xx

zillervalley
12-08-2009, 06:39 PM
look forward to see how you get on, hope its not to long for you

ziller

CherryBlossom
13-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Hope it all works out for you! it ill be worth it in the end