PDA

View Full Version : please read, numbers and babies, help

jaja
09-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Hi,

I am now thinking babies seem to come like buses!!!!!! I have been waiting for months for some new ones, and then the dielema(sp?) comes, here goes....

Baby one emailed in june to ask for 20 hours a week but doesnt return to work till jan, baby would be 11 months old, havent heard anything since though....

Baby two isnt here yet but parent is completey set on returning to work (works with hubby!) didnt want baby either, would start in october baby being 4/5 weeks old, full time 6 till 3 every day....

Baby three is 6 months and for one afternoon a week or day depending on what i have got, has server allergic reactions and mum is single and needs time to chill, wants to start in next three to four weeks....

So what do i do, i dont have any other children at the minute either, being doing this 6 years and am confident with loads of babies, but would ofsted say? could i do all three? help dont know what to say to them....... please help......

ta jen

xxxx

Minstrel
09-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Personally just from reading what you have put, i would take on babies one and three and fit them around each other. Baby two i wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

:)

helenlc
09-08-2009, 07:31 PM
What sort of days is baby one's 20 hours spread over? A month after he starts he will not be an under 1 anymore although still young.

jaja
09-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Personally just from reading what you have put, i would take on babies one and three and fit them around each other. Baby two i wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

Why??? am confused...

Baby one would change every week, some day some weekend and some nights which would mean he only comes odd days...

xx

Gherkin
09-08-2009, 07:44 PM
If you put a good argument together Ofsted I think (well they did for me) give permission for 2 under 1. Three might be pushing it.

Minstrel
10-08-2009, 10:51 AM
Sorry i forgot i had posted on here. will PM you my reasons.....:)

youarewhatyoueat
10-08-2009, 11:40 AM
I would email baby one and arrange for her to meet you etc. if she hasn't already and make sure thats a definate for jan.
Baby two, there is no way I would take such a new born on for so many hours, I take it the baby has yet to be born, the mother will change her mind anyway.I would suggest you start with one day a week that way you can take on all three,with a variation for 2 undr 2's as you could have the baby two and three together until baby one is 1.
Baby three sounds workable as she is probably happy to work around you and may lead to more hours, depends on the allergy they have I suppose.
Does that make sense.