PDA

View Full Version : how do you organise your availability

newandlearning
09-08-2009, 07:41 AM
Hi .. I'm beginning to get queries for January starts which is great because one of the mindees will start full time school then so will have another spot available for under 5.. the only thing is that the mindee will need picking up at the same time as my own DC and they are going to a different school.. mindees mum said she is happy to pick up mindee and bring him to me for drop off.. the mum is also looking for another job at moment and if she gets a job out of area possibly she won't really be able to pick up in Jan... the mums situ is a bit changable you see .. I dont know if I should work around her or me.. or if I should ask her.. I'm thinking ask her but some of the answers she hasnt got herself right now and I don't want to add to her pressures.

my dilemma is I have two prospective mindees to see this coming week and I don't know if I should only take on school-time mindees or take on whole day mindees.. I don't have enough spaces in my car for everyone if everyone is with me after school..

xx

Chatterbox Childcare
09-08-2009, 07:44 AM
You need to make a decision and that means talking to mum. Is she staying or not? If she is then you know what you need but if she is not them take which ever you fancy.

If she says no and changes her mind then get a variation or give notice.

Roseolivia
09-08-2009, 12:48 PM
It needs to fit in with your situation not the mindees mum's. If you need to pick up at 2 different schools at 2 different times it's not going to work and you'll only stress yourself out especially if your relying on mindee mum to drop off to you as you'll be rushing around. If it was me i wouldn't do it and i'd just wait for other mindees that would fit in around my routine.

Bushpig
09-08-2009, 01:41 PM
It's your business, do what's best for you. :thumbsup:

Daftbat
09-08-2009, 02:33 PM
It needs to fit in with your situation not the mindees mum's. If you need to pick up at 2 different schools at 2 different times it's not going to work and you'll only stress yourself out especially if your relying on mindee mum to drop off to you as you'll be rushing around. If it was me i wouldn't do it and i'd just wait for other mindees that would fit in around my routine.

I agree - i have learnt the hard way by trying to please everyone in the past and have rushed around from school to school. I now only to one main school run and apart from nursery pickups at lunchtime i will not go to other schools unless it completely fits with me.

breezy
09-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Same here!