PDA

View Full Version : do you keep spare clothes?

newandlearning
08-08-2009, 08:13 PM
hi.. am trying to figure out a place to put spare clothes, sunhats, towels, rain jackets, wellies.. :phew: ..

I think that's it.. I have no idea where to keep this .. was keeping all material stuff in my DC drawer but its just a pain having it with my personal family stuff.. am thinking of keeping it in a box .. but I'm the Queen of boxes and am beginning to feel a bit overwhelmed with them..:o ..

just trying to brainstorm other ways of storing this stuff.. how do you all store
extra stuff for those LOs who forget to bring things etc?

help/advice would be great xx thanks alot:jump for joy:

sweets
08-08-2009, 08:16 PM
i have a see through storage box full of different sized welly boots, hats, gloves etc. its amazing how parents send them in winter wearing sandals and cardi's! lol

Spangles
08-08-2009, 08:18 PM
I never did keep spare clothes but it is a good idea.

Sometimes I think it's hard when you are getting your child ready in the morning and it looks like it's going to be hot and sunny only for it then to turn into a right grotty, windy and rainy day! Especially at those times of year when the season is in the middle of changing, it's a nightmare knowing what to wear for yourself! (I think so anyway!)

hello kitty
08-08-2009, 08:19 PM
I use a spare cupboard in my utility room. :)

Pipsqueak
08-08-2009, 08:20 PM
most of my kids clothes fit the mindees and I have huge amounts of kids clothes. Generally thing get stashed in a drawstring bag in the cupboard udr the stairs

Hebs
08-08-2009, 08:26 PM
i have spare socks, shoes, coats hats the lot :thumbsup:

helenlc
08-08-2009, 08:53 PM
I have a box for each child in my lobby - this contains any spare clothes provided from home. I have enough coat hooks for everyone to hang their coats up. Will probably do a small show rack for mindees shoes and boots etc.

I have a cupboard in my kitchen with bowls, cups etc. Also had new LO start who has follow on milk so the box of that is in there with some rusks, biscotti biscuits etc.

Sometimes it feels like it is taking over the house but the fact that I work from home means I have to expect that.

wellybelly
08-08-2009, 09:12 PM
I have a box for each child in my lobby - this contains any spare clothes provided from home. I have enough coat hooks for everyone to hang their coats up. Will probably do a small show rack for mindees shoes and boots etc.

I have a cupboard in my kitchen with bowls, cups etc. Also had new LO start who has follow on milk so the box of that is in there with some rusks, biscotti biscuits etc.

Sometimes it feels like it is taking over the house but the fact that I work from home means I have to expect that.

oHHHH I wish I had your lobby!

I have a draw to hand in the childminding room: In it I have T shirts, trousers, hats (summer and winter) and socks. I have found these are the items parents most often forget. Hats are so important because it means we can still enjoy the outdoors in the summer. I also have spare coats: it drives me bonkers when its cold or pouring with rain and parents forget or just don't think to bring coats grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

zillervalley
08-08-2009, 09:53 PM
I have a set of drawers in the room I mind in all sorts of mindee things in there, mindees mums just say keep them if there children have grown out of them
ziller

Roseolivia
09-08-2009, 05:44 AM
The parents bring spare clothes with them so they are usually kept in their bags under the stairs.

Chatterbox Childcare
09-08-2009, 07:42 AM
I don't keep these. Babies I expect to come with their back with spare clothes in and the older ones will in the hols as they need them I expect hats, suntan cream, umbreallas, etc to arrive each day as I do not have the space to store.

Wellies come at the beginning of the week and go in the garage and go home again.

atmkids
09-08-2009, 08:03 AM
I've got a clear plastic box full of winter and summer hats which I store on top of a cupboard in the utility room. It's got a lid and I keep it upside down so that I can grab the lid to get it down otherwise I wouldn't be able to reach it.:D