PDA

View Full Version : On-line courses

Pauline
08-08-2009, 04:39 PM
This area gives details of on-line courses available with Virtual College (http://www.virtual-college.co.uk?A=469) some of the course I have done myself, where applicable there is a review.

You cannot start a new thread in this area but you can reply to the threads to ask questions.

Stormy
23-09-2010, 05:00 PM
Hi Pauline,

Do you know if there is an online course for safeguarding children level 2. My LA only has a 2 day course next March which is midweek, I don't want to wait this long.

Regards Wendy

Pauline
23-09-2010, 08:31 PM
Hi Wendy

I couldn't find one, did it have to be level 2? if you have already done one couldn't you do the refresher course?

ClareG78
15-05-2011, 02:55 PM
I have been looking at food hygeine courses level 2 retake but they are all very expesive for a day or twos training and it is only to refresh my certificate. Do you know of anyone that can do face to face or cheaper training? Thanks in advance.

Pauline
15-05-2011, 05:47 PM
I have been looking at food hygeine courses level 2 retake but they are all very expesive for a day or twos training and it is only to refresh my certificate. Do you know of anyone that can do face to face or cheaper training? Thanks in advance.

Not that I know of. It depends what you call expensive, there are the online courses that myself and others have done here: http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=15075

Mamma4Ya
08-07-2011, 08:14 PM
This area gives details of on-line courses available with Virtual College (http://scripts.affiliatefuture.com/AFClick.asp?affiliateID=83748&merchantID=1709&programmeID=4904&mediaID=0&tracking=1&url=http://ukvirtual-college.co.uk)

some of the course I have done myself, where applicable there is a review.

You cannot start a new thread in this area but you can reply to the threads to ask questions.

Do you know of an online course for Paediatric First Aid that provides an accredited qualification at the end of it please.

Hannah

sarah707
09-07-2011, 06:57 AM
Do you know of an online course for Paediatric First Aid that provides an accredited qualification at the end of it please.

Hannah

The statutory requirements of the Eyfs state that you must attend (go to a training place) a 12 hour approved paediatric first aid course.

I am afraid there are no short cuts or approved online courses.

We all have to blow into the dummies and spend 12 hours every 3 years making sure we know what to do in an emergency.

Hth :D

Mamma4Ya
09-07-2011, 08:29 AM
The statutory requirements of the Eyfs state that you must attend (go to a training place) a 12 hour approved paediatric first aid course.

I am afraid there are no short cuts or approved online courses.

We all have to blow into the dummies and spend 12 hours every 3 years making sure we know what to do in an emergency.

Hth :D

Thank you, I am new to all this, just started CACHE level 3 in childminding so lots to learn :)

kerry1
28-07-2011, 08:02 PM
hello,
i am just starting as a childminder and i wanted to get a head start! i have seen your thread for the food and hyience course.
is this the right course to do as i do not want to waste my money or do i have to wait for briefing session.

hope someone can help

PinkFairy24
29-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Hi there!

I have just started a level 2 certificate for the children and young peoples workforce, hhmm is this a level 2 diploma which is a stage higher than the one you have to have to register as a childminder?! So confusing!!! Have they just change the name?

Anyway, I have just registered and am waiting for my on-line system to start the course. Am so excited!!

Would I be able to have the password to post on the forums here to chat about the coursework?

Thanks for your help, Claire Xxx

solly
06-10-2011, 11:52 AM
Have been having a look at courses and am looking to do an inclusion course as need to do this to get other training to do with DCATCH

Do you know if there are any virtual learning ones that would cover inclusion

Pauline
06-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Have been having a look at courses and am looking to do an inclusion course as need to do this to get other training to do with DCATCH

I think there are, leave it with me and I will check. :thumbsup:

Pauline
06-10-2011, 01:03 PM

The only one I could find was Equality and Diversity in the workplace (http://www.virtual-college.co.uk/products/Equality-and-Diversity-in-the-Workplace.aspx?A=469&B=27), not sure if that would cover what you want.

solly
06-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Thanks for looking Pauline I have found one called Common Core of skills & knowledge.
It says it covers

An overview of every child matters & integrated working principles and values.
Equality and Inclusion & anti-discrimatory practice
Person centred approaches
Confidentiality, information sharing and record keeping.

I have sent a txt to Beetlejuice as she is on the committee and asked if this one is ok

Pauline
06-10-2011, 03:27 PM
Well done Solly, is it this one, I didn't read the blurb so missed that it included 'inclusion' :blush:

Common Core Skills
(http://www.virtual-college.co.uk/products/common-core.aspx?A=469&B=27&SubAffiliateID=commoncore)
Hope you enjoy it if you do it. :thumbsup:

SharonLR
07-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Has anyone done the NCMA on-line safeguarding course? Just wondering if it's worthwhile, as would be easier to fit in to daily life
Sharon x

Pauline
07-10-2011, 03:18 PM
Has anyone done the NCMA on-line safeguarding course? Just wondering if it's worthwhile, as would be easier to fit in to daily life
Sharon x

NCMA use Virtual College the same as we have here on the Forum Sharon, we have a selection of courses depending on your previous knowledge, see here for the full list:

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=78970

and don't forget if you use the Forum discount code in the Members Area, you will get another 10% off :thumbsup:

phoenix2010
12-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Hi , hope you can put me in the right direction

my development worker has suggested online learning to add to my experience and gave me this link <link removed as it does not work now>

unfortunately due to change in government it appears that everything is inaccessible and certainly not working at the moment

where can i go now for online training , id love to do some EYFS training , maybe something about dealing with challenging behaviour and eventually I want to get into Family support work so anything that will help there too would be great

Im a single parent and have to work all hours minding just to pay the bills so attending college is not an option

I already have nvq3 and also foundation year childrens nursing so really looking for little top ups in specific areas im interested in to boost my CV and broaden my knowledge of course

Thanks in advance

Sally

Pauline
12-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Hi Sally

All the National Strategies site is gone now as you have found.

Have you had a look through the various online courses listed in this section?

Or if you go on the main Virtual College (http://www.virtual-college.co.uk/?A=469&B=1&SubAffiliateID=VConlineC%22%20Target=%22_blank%22) site you will find more, there might be something to suit you but it really depends what you are looking for and how much money and time you want to spend on a course. :)

Sharon Kaprig
14-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Thank you, I am new to all this, just started CACHE level 3 in childminding so lots to learn :)

Hi Mammarya, I am thinking of doing this next year and was just wondering what you thought of it? was going to do the OCR/NVQ but it is double the price, is it a good substitute?

looking forward to hearing from you?

Thanks
Sharon

Andrea08
21-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Hi i dont want to go through my EY dept, but would like to do the foundation degree is there any other way such as open uni.. if so how do i go about it and who would i contact first please, thanks

Cottonsocks
10-01-2013, 11:44 AM
I've been a Registered Childminder in Wales since 2004 and although I've popped onto this Forum at times, it's the first post I've made. Looking at various e-courses I've noticed many are based around EYFS. In Wales however, we have EYFP and was looking for advice as to whether it would be a waste of my time doing an England based course (I can't find any for Early Years Foundation Phase at all) as I wanted to do any training available. Help!

Beverly37
28-04-2016, 07:35 AM
Hello all,

I am new to the site and was hoping you could help.

I have just started my Online CACHE Home-based Level 3 childminding course and am stuck on the first questions already.

Could someone please tell me what legislation i need to write about and how much info i need to add for each one? I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks
:)