PDA

View Full Version : doh!!! movie maker or power point

newandlearning
07-08-2009, 07:44 PM
well.. I'm now also onto the idea of putting photos onto CD in some way.. but don't know how.. I've got both programmes on my computer.. tried movie maker but can't get it to look all preaty.. tried power point and confused just looking at first screen..

does anyone have an idea how to learn how to use these thingies... I'm thinking You Tube>> :rolleyes: xxx

Polly2
07-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Well I have used powerpoint for mine (pipsqueak did too) its not too hard - I have never used it before so must be easy :)

Just have a little play around with it - trouble is I found things by accident so don't know if I could do it again let alone explain things!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
07-08-2009, 08:15 PM
there are help buttons on the PP, if you have a little fiddle and play first (isn't that always the best way lol)
this is only my second time of preparing (and using) PP!!! I am self taught

when you open PP - start a new slide - click on the pictures icon within the slide and it should open up into your pictures files in your PC. select the one you want and it will appear in the slide

from here you can fiddle about with all the buttons/toolbar across the top - animations is a good one,

then go back to teh home tab and click new slide .....

keep playing...

Bazza
07-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Ok. Movie maker will allow you to do this.

What you need to do is get all the pictures you want for your slideshow and put them all in one folder like My Documents/my slideshow. (You need to create the folder yourself).

Open movie maker and select "Pictures" from the import menu on the left. Select all the pictures you want to add and hit the "import" button.

Now you have a screen with all your pics at the top and a preview screen on the right. At the bottom there is a long white area.

Drag the pictures you want to the bottom onto the white area and this is your slideshow being made.

The white area represents time. If you hover over the right side of the first pic you put there it can be dragged and stretched. This makes it appear for longer. You can do this for all the images until you have them displayed as long as you need. At any time you can press the play button under the preview screen and it will play what you have done so far.

Now you can be clever and add a title screen if you want by selecting "title and credits" from the left menu. This allows you to customise loads of options, too many to go into here, so play about and have fun!

Transition are the effects between pictures, where you can select scrolling effects or fade in/out etc. Again, play about.

If you right click on any picture you get other options to add effects and stuff to them. You should have a play, but as with any MS product, the undo option is your best friend!

You can also add music to your movie/slideshow by importing it the same as with the pictures. You drag this to the white area also but notice it appears below the pictures.

Now you have your music, you can have the fade in and out effects just the same as the pictures and it can be chopped or edited if you want to mess about with it.

Once you are happy with your results you have the options on the left to publish the movie as you like. I suggest for DVD you select high quality over file size. It might take a while to convert, but it will look better.

Make sure you save your project before hand just in case as it does have a tendancy to crash from time to time...

If you need any help, let me know and ill see what i can do.

Hope this helps.:p

Forum Widower
08-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Windows Movie Maker every time! Power Point is great for presentations but if you want to give your slide shows that little extra pazzaz Movie Maker has such versatility and you can achieve some really great results.

When i first started using it it took me a little while to get to know all the functions but once i got the hang of it i even started doing slide shows to music for big dd's school trips.

My advice is plug away at it, tinker around with it until you get to know it, you wont be disapointed.

FW