PDA

View Full Version : Things your hubby does for you

hayleychildcare
07-08-2009, 06:51 PM
I was just thinking that i had the best huuby in the world:thumbsup:

I was saying bye bye to mindee at door this evening and by the time i shut the door and turned around hubby was there with a glass of wine :jump for joy:

So i was just wondering if there was any other lovely hubby's outthere or if i was blessed with mine:D

TheBTeam
07-08-2009, 06:53 PM
My husband does a lot for me, he leaves me with a lot of washing, a lot of tidying up, a lot of grief and heartache, and lots of his messes to sort out. :laughing: :laughing:

True!!:rolleyes:

Princess Sara
07-08-2009, 06:54 PM
My df is pretty fab sometimes too. While i was upstairs yesterday bathing boys and putting them to bed he cooked our dinner. When I lay in the bath he brings me a cup of tea. There are loads of other things but I can't think of them right now!

Andrea08
07-08-2009, 06:55 PM
i dont have a hubby but other half is a good house wife lol,,,,

glass of red is ready :D he not very good at DIY or anything else realy and often thought of gettin rid,,,,

but he dont hit me or my children,,, he can wash up and move a hover in one line,,, life is ??????????/ day by day lol

so can i borrow yours for a month :thumbsup:

x x x x x

LOOPYLISA
07-08-2009, 06:56 PM
I do get treated like a princess :blush: :thumbsup:

Take the other night, he ran me a bath complete with candles and a glass of wine on the side :thumbsup:

I have flowers every week too, he is a good man, ive chosen well :laughing:

Pipsqueak
07-08-2009, 06:57 PM
when he is not irritating me or the kids he is great....

he entertains the kids (ours and mindees alike) for ages
he has come round to the childminding way of thinking and does all sorts of wonderful stuff in the garden (and occasionally the house) - like painting and putting up a blackboard and some guttering
he is very tolerant and patient of his home being over run with extra toys, stuff on the walls, people coming in and out

pinklady
07-08-2009, 06:59 PM
I was just thinking that i had the best huuby in the world:thumbsup:

I was saying bye bye to mindee at door this evening and by the time i shut the door and turned around hubby was there with a glass of wine :jump for joy:

So i was just wondering if there was any other lovely hubby's outthere or if i was blessed with mine:D

My kinda man! I have to admit that I've got a lovely hubby too. He never complains when I ask him to do diy jobs to do with childminding, or that I've come home with more toys :blush: does the ironing and prepares yummy meals at the weekend (and sometimes during the week) to mention just a few things.

Gizmo
07-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Mine does the cooking all the cooking at the weekend :clapping:
But does nothing through the week :mad:

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
07-08-2009, 07:24 PM
my hubby does absolutly everything round the house except cook dinners and feed the baby (he is breastfed)

Otherwise he does all the housework, washing and cleaning, apparently i dont meet his high standards

He even changes the cats litter tray even though they are my cats:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

haribo
07-08-2009, 07:25 PM
my dh is very understanding ( took 15 yrs of minding ) of the stresses i sometimes face and will come home , tidy up ,make our tea and pour me a glass of wine ,, the hardest thing he faces is listening to me moaning but now ive got you lot he is spared the worst :laughing: xx

ajs
07-08-2009, 07:48 PM
give me a minute to think of what mine does

he never ever complains about how much money i spend on the business or clothes/shoes/handbags
he loves the mindees as if they were his own ( and was really upset when i told him e was leaving )

no princess, no flowers (anymore) and no glass of wine

mushpea
07-08-2009, 07:54 PM
My husband does a lot for me, he leaves me with a lot of washing, a lot of tidying up, a lot of grief and heartache, and lots of his messes to sort out. :laughing: :laughing:

SNAP except we're not married, couldnt be a truer word said bout my other half, thing is he used to leave the house at 5am and get home 7pm and help out with stuff, now he works nights and is up from 2pm but does nothing accept the above and play golf and walk the dog:rolleyes:
mind you he dosent complain about how much i spend on toys or about doing the diy so i guess he's ok really:thumbsup:

Daddy Day Care
07-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Im trying to look at this as what i do for my wife, being the house husband i do the cleaning and cooking etc, but thats to be expected.

Not sure she could put anythin gon here if she was answering it :blush:

newandlearning
07-08-2009, 07:57 PM
my hubby is great too.. helps a lot with our LOs.. changes them in morns.. baths at night.. very hands on with our LOs, helps with laundry .. helps with nearly all requests such as DIY..

unfortunately he hates me spending money on most things :rolleyes: .. wishes he didn't come home to a nursery and we find it tricky finding us time .. I wish we could make a bit more effort with 'us' sometimes.. we do such a great job with everything and everyone else..;)

peanuts
07-08-2009, 08:10 PM
reading your posts you guys are lucky. mine does as little as possible. we;ve had the last 2 weeks off promised kids we would go here there and everywhere, i knew by the time of the holiday we wouldnt, i;ve come to accept the opposite of what he says now, but the kids havnt clicked yet. i just dont go along with his promises now as im the one to pick up the peices when the disapointment sets in. this last week on day trips its where he wanted to go not kids.

RachelE
07-08-2009, 08:13 PM
He is a fantastic cook!
He can make something out of nothing - cant most men?! :laughing: - no I mean in the kitchen!

he sorts things out that I dont have the assertiveness to deal with. - ie: cold callers, problem parents(!), our finances etc.

..he says yes if I flutter my eyelashes!! :blush:

Sarahbelle
07-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Mine's been brilliant this last year. My dad died and my mother is in her 80's and disabled. He's taken on all her finances, done her garden, taken her to hospital appointments etc and he does the big shop every fortnight so I don't have to do it.

I consider myself really lucky as he has been so supportive.:clapping:

ORKSIE
07-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Mr Orksie is a great cook.
If something breaks and is able to be fixed, he will fix it.
He does not moan about my job (CM) knows its my income and we do well from it.
he is not well at the minute, Been for scans, x rays, they still cant find whats wrong with him, he is in a lot of pain most of the time, and I have to ask HIM how he's feeling, cos he don't tell me.
I have a wonderful DH.

LOOPYLISA
07-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Mr Orksie is a great cook.
If something breaks and is able to be fixed, he will fix it.
He does not moan about my job (CM) knows its my income and we do well from it.
he is not well at the minute, Been for scans, x rays, they still cant find whats wrong with him, he is in a lot of pain most of the time, and I have to ask HIM how he's feeling, cos he don't tell me.
I have a wonderful DH.

Hope mr Orksie is feeling better soon x

Daftbat
07-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Mine is very tolerant of my work. He gets in from work at 4.30pm straight in to mayhem at times. Never moans and is lovely to the kids.

Always helpsm if i have ideas about reorganising things for work and puts up with me moaning sometimes about everything.

Just needs to look like Goerge Clooney really to be perfect:laughing: :laughing:

FizzysFriends
07-08-2009, 09:41 PM
my hubby does absolutly everything round the house except cook dinners and feed the baby (he is breastfed)

Otherwise he does all the housework, washing and cleaning, apparently i dont meet his high standards

He even changes the cats litter tray even though they are my cats:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Where do I order one of those from?

Angela234
07-08-2009, 10:19 PM
I throught husbands come in from work and sit and watch tv until bed time

Weekends get up watch tv all day :(

Chimps Childminding
08-08-2009, 07:44 AM
I throught husbands come in from work and sit and watch tv until bed time

Weekends get up watch tv all day :(

Think we must be married to the same man!!!!!:laughing: The only time he moves is to go to the study to play poker on the computer!! and then he still has the tv on!!!!!!:angry:

helenlc
08-08-2009, 08:56 AM
reading your posts you guys are lucky. mine does as little as possible. we;ve had the last 2 weeks off promised kids we would go here there and everywhere, i knew by the time of the holiday we wouldnt, i;ve come to accept the opposite of what he says now, but the kids havnt clicked yet. i just dont go along with his promises now as im the one to pick up the peices when the disapointment sets in. this last week on day trips its where he wanted to go not kids.

This is mine too!! We both have a week off this week coming and I have had to NAG him into going to Legoland which is what the kids want to do.

My hubby does very little and has to be nagged into what little he does do. He will do somehing if he wants to make himself look good to others! He once helped clear away the table at his aunts BBQ - everyone was going Oh isnt he good? And I was like Its all a show!!

And to show how little he does - I was in a book store the other day with my 2 children and my son (11 yrs old) was looking for books we could possibly get hubby for his birthday at the end of this month. My son found one he said was "perfect for Daddy" - it was called "Cant Be Arsed - 100 Things NOT To Do Before You Die".:( It actually made me feel kind of sad.

Anyway, to all you ladies who have fab hubbies - enjoy them, keep them and appreciate them!!!

ORKSIE
08-08-2009, 09:03 AM
Hope mr Orksie is feeling better soon x

Thanks Lisa, he has to go back to hosp for more tests. The thing is, he can be in a lot of pain but he dosnt tell me. So I dont know if he having a good day or a bad day. Anyway think the next step is a camera, hopefully that will give us some more answers, we were worried it was cancer but he has been assured its not.

LOOPYLISA
08-08-2009, 09:19 AM
Thanks Lisa, he has to go back to hosp for more tests. The thing is, he can be in a lot of pain but he dosnt tell me. So I dont know if he having a good day or a bad day. Anyway think the next step is a camera, hopefully that will give us some more answers, we were worried it was cancer but he has been assured its not.

Good luck x

wellybelly
08-08-2009, 09:36 AM

LMAO! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Thats sooooooooooo funny and sooooooooooo true! Ive just read this out to my husband and he agreed he's just like your hubby.

Spangles
08-08-2009, 10:05 AM
My hubby is very lovely, doesn't buy me flowers or run me baths or anything but he's lovely in other ways (I don't do anything romantic for him either so can't moan!).

I can have lie-ins at the weekend, he plays with our son a lot of the time when he's here to give me a break, he cooks half the time when he's home, he does a little of the cleaning, he'll often do the ironing.

He's my perfect man in lots of ways! Plus, he's scrummy!

jeanybeany
08-08-2009, 10:46 AM
My hubby is fantastic. He is doing our back garden and is making it so I can go the back way for school runs which means removing all the steps and making slopes so I can get with the pushchair. It's quicker, safer for the children (no main roads) and no big hills for me! He came back home the other day with soft flooring from the salvage yard, saying he couldn't leave it and it will be a good playing surface for the older mindees and our children.

He does everything diy, cooks, looks after the children ,never moans about the amount of money I spend!

Last night he came home with flowers for me, a box of chocolates and a bottle of taboo to try and cheer me up (I've been a bit down lately).

So he's lovely in my book:)

nannymcflea
08-08-2009, 10:48 AM
He puts up with me...nuff said!:laughing:

Spangles
08-08-2009, 10:49 AM
(Sorry you've been feeling down Jeanybeany - don't forget we are always here for you too. Hope you feel happier soon - chocs always help!:) )

georgie456
08-08-2009, 12:02 PM
My hubby is a gem too. He is fantastic with the kids - at weekends I don't have to lift a finger for them. I think he knows that by Friday evening, I am all 'kidded' out!

When they were tiny, he shared all the night feeds and was amazing when I was suffering from PND after having DS.

He shares the cooking and housework and generally winds his sister's up because their husbands are the total opposite. They constantly complain about them while I must admit, I sympathise, whilst feeling extremely smug :)

As much as my MIL winds me up sometimes, she did something right along the way :D

What a great thread and a good opportunity to boast about our lovely other halves!

wendywu
08-08-2009, 02:13 PM
MOAN :( and moan some more.

Chatterbox Childcare
08-08-2009, 02:14 PM

I can sympathise with this but mine does do all the garden as I get terrible hayfever, get up to early and be grumpy for the rest of the day but is driving 1.5 hours to the airport at 4am on Monday (just to make sure I go I expect!)

Overall we wouldn't be without them

wendywu
08-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Mine does loads round the house and all the garden. But he has to point out what he has done. I always say " so what you want brownie points now then":panic:

I never point out all the jobs that i have done its part of my life.:)

ORKSIE
08-08-2009, 02:46 PM

Yeah, :laughing: :laughing:

Tinglesnark
08-08-2009, 03:51 PM
my dp is quite a dude really...he does irritrate me beyond belief but he does so much on top of a 15 hour day. the only thing he doesnt do is feed ol but he has done when i had to go on the dhc1

looks pretty studly in a suit too!

;)

Spangles
08-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Got to say, I don't class the things my hubby does as 'for me' as he's doing it for all of us just like I do.

He's not doing me any favours just doing his fair share of the work but I appreciate it as I know lots of hubbies who don't (my dad being one of them - he's never lifted a finger in nearly 40 years!).

Forum Widower
08-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Oh nice, nothing on here about me then!!! :(

FussyElmo
08-08-2009, 04:20 PM

Thats right for dh too dont think I could put up with me sometimes :laughing:

ORKSIE
08-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Last night he came home with flowers for me, a box of chocolates and a bottle of taboo to try and cheer me up (I've been a bit down lately).

So he's lovely in my book:)
Sounds like you gotta goodun:thumbsup:
Hope you feel a bit better, Hope you enjoyed your choccy and Taboo:)

Pauline
08-08-2009, 05:57 PM

We both must be blessed. Graham is a saint - he must be to put up with me :laughing:

Tatjana
08-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Mine does a good amount.

He cooks all meals every weekend, as well as 2-3 dinners in the week. He does the garden, works on the allotment, he'll give most DIY jobs a go, does alot of ironing for our boys and all of his own ironing.

Is always thinking of and taking us on days out. Buys me really nice clothes, things i'd never think to pick myself but they end up looking great on me!

He hoovers the whole house at weekends, valets my car and has sole responsibility for sorting out the rubbish!

xx

Pipsqueak
08-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Brian gets up my nose and under my skin???? does that count??

Nicki L
09-08-2009, 03:54 PM
My hubby cooks then washes up every night. He has just fitted a new kitchen with his dad which looks great - and long overdue!!!

He looks after the garden.

Makes me a cuppa every morning and breakfast every weekend, oh and goes to the shop whenever i fancy chocolate!!!

just got to teach him how to use the washing machine, iron and clean the toilet and i am sorted!!!!!!:laughing: :laughing: