PDA

View Full Version : Something nice about parents!

balloon
07-08-2009, 03:02 PM
I've done my fair share of moaning about a particular parent on here, the woman dd nothing but take the mickey from the day I signed her up til the day her child left 8 months later. A post in another section made me think the other day and rather than answer there I thought I do a thread here. Hope you don't mind joining in. ;)

So now I want to share some good stuff about my parents & mindees:

Parent C says thank you every single night without fail.

Parent C yesterday bought home with her a purple glittery nailpolish she'd noticed me looking at in her shop and gave it to her child to give to me, for no particular reason at all.

All 4 sets of parents pay on time, never quibble the bill and always with a smile on their faces.

Parent S told me I wasn't charging enough and told me to put my prices up (I did!)

Parent K always without fail rings me up if the child will not be in and gives me some warning rather than leaving me hanging on waiting for a child who does not turn up.

None of my current parents have ever complained about paying for their holidays and are grateful that I do not charge for my own

Last birthday parent C and parent S both gave me huge bouquets of flowers.

Last christmas parent C and parent S both gave my own children sizeable christmas gifts.

Child S comes up to me now, lays his little head on my knee and 'loves' me doing the whole aaahhhhhhh bit and everything

Child C says thank you for everything, she's only 18 months old

Child C calls XXXXX where are you? when I go up the stairs to have a tinkle. When I come down she is always so please to see me and I've usually only been gone 60 seconds!

Child S picks me flower and gives them to me (ok I sorta wish he didn't cos he picks them out of my garden but we cannot have everything, lol!)

So there we go, I've started the ball rolling, what can you add?

wendywu
07-08-2009, 03:27 PM
My parents always pay on time.

They always offer to pay for expensive outings in the holidays.

They always let me know when the children are not coming or when they are going to be late picking up.

They never quibble about paying BH.

They always say thank you and how much they love the photos i put in the dairies.

Christmas and Birthdays i get gift vouchers for Debenhams or House of Frazer £80.00 or £60.00.

They give me really over the top 5* refercences.

We all like each other and can have a smile and a laugh.

The children are always telling me they love me and they want to come and live with me. :eek:

atmkids
07-08-2009, 03:56 PM
How nice to have such a positive thread :clapping:

My parents all pay me on time

They all thank me at the end of each session

Last birthday I was given cards and flowers

Christmas myself and the rest of my family were given presents

Easter myself and my own children were given eggs

One parent wouldn't let me reduce the fees for siblings

They appreciate the artwork that they take home

The mindees love my own children and vice versa

R told me today I was the best childminder in the world because I've got nice cake!!!

They all have good manners (when they remember) and 2 yo R always says you're welcome when somebody says thank you to her.

:laughing:

ajs
07-08-2009, 04:24 PM
i want to join in

i currently have 4 families not one is a problem

1 gave me today off so i could enjoy the summer holiday too, she took her two to work with her
no quibble about money even though she has already paid me for today, she says she takes paid days off so why can't i.

she won't let me repay her for my holiday as she pays me in advance and augusts has already gone in.

1 buys me magazines like vogue because she knows i won't buy them for myself, and she often buys me nice smelling candles or bubbles just because

she rounds up my money so if it's £24 she will give me £30

see there are some great parents out there although i have definately had my share of the bad ones over the last 9 years

mrsbumbles
07-08-2009, 04:44 PM
My families have all been with me for 3yrs or more.

I have families with 3 and 4 siblings each and i am godparent to the youngest child in each family.

My mindees feel like an extention of my own family but like all families we have little niggles from time to time.

I have one mindee who is quite challenging at times, i am part of his security(on his helping hand) which is his coping system. He tells me how wonderful i am and it makes me glow.

I love my job, mindees and there families even if we dont always see eye to eye.

Pipsqueak
07-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Parent L always lets me know that she thinks I am doing a great job and that her daughter loves it here.

Parent C - always pay on time and often gives me a bit extra if she thinks I have been taking E out for lots of treats

they both always say thanks etc.

Its lovely to have a positive thread in this section where everyone can see it - I know we say we have positive threads on the forum but I guess sometimes some people (depending on their colour status) might not be able to see them.
Good idea Blue:thumbsup:

Spangles
07-08-2009, 04:50 PM
I have never had any problems with parents I've actually worked with.

They've all been friendly, on my wavelength, fully appreciative, paid on time, worked with me, enjoyed the daily diaries, etc.

Can't say I remember any problems at all.

I have been really lucky!

littletreasures
07-08-2009, 05:10 PM
Parent G is always appreciative of what I do with mindee.
All my parents pay on time.
Parent E gave me a wonderful bonus at Christmas.
Parent E and G gave me lovely end of year presents.
Parent G didn't approach me to up her hours because she didn't want me to take on too much!! Now have G an extra day!
E and O are always making me cards saying I am the best childminder in the world.
J says He loves me in the whole world.
J has to come back and give me a hug and a kiss at going home time at least twice!!
I never have to ask for extra nappies/wipes etc from Parent G.

sweets
07-08-2009, 05:13 PM
L says he loves me more than chocolate crispy cakes!
L's mum gave me flowers and chocs at end of term even tho she's back in sept.

Daftbat
07-08-2009, 05:22 PM
I have just finished work for two weeks and will miss my parents and mindees so much.

J gives me spontaneous hugs all day!
G thinks i do her hair better than her mum!
Parent L tells me how much to charge her - more than i would normally!
Parent L gives me presents from Next every christmas
Exparent K sends me wine for birthdays and christmas and i haven't looked after the kids for 4 years!!!!!!

I could go on but you get the picture.

I intended to stop minding when my youngest went to school at 5. She had her 10th birthday last month so i must enjoy it. We also now have a dog so i will be working from home for the next ten years too at least and it is something i am looking forward to.

This is a lovely thread:thumbsup:

FussyElmo
07-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Ok mine is:-

Parent D pays on time, always thanks me, pressies for me and all my children and flowers for my birthday and when she finishes for the holidays. Her sister sends me toys they no longer need.

Parent S always bringing resources that her daughter has grown out of and lets me chose what days i work in the hols.

My parents are good 95% of the time!!!!

Alibali
07-08-2009, 07:48 PM
I got pressies from 2 sets of mine when I came back my holidays as they had missed me.

I got flowers last week for taking lo swimming.

All parents give me and my children lovely birthday, christmas and Easter gifts.

All of my parents have sent new siblings to me as they say they wouldn't leave them with anyone else:D

On the questionnaires the care com sent out one of them said 'I truly believe I have the best childminder in Scotland'!

Polly2
07-08-2009, 08:22 PM
What a great thread!

After he learnt to say "mum" and "dad" L learnt "Holly" :D I was thrilled and so were his parents.

L's parents had MY kids for the day and let them have a go on their pottery wheel then they fired the pots for us to keep (both parents are art teachers)

I always get a card and pressys for me and my kids at the end of the year.

All my parents are fantastic about not bringing their kids if they are ill which I really appreciate.

They always recommend me which is great

Its great to hear about other parents too!

I love my job:clapping:

sophiestars
07-08-2009, 09:48 PM
It's great to hear about all these lovely parents. I have only been minding for 5 months and have 4 mindees.

F's Mum brought me flowers before she went on her hols as a thank you for having him and making her return to work easy
She always says she knows he enjoys coming because he gets really excited as they approach my front door (he's 9 months!)
F's Dad also said how much they appreciate me having him and congratulated me on my Ofsted report

M's Mum is always double checking with me that I am taking the money that I need for extra's such as entrance fees to toddler groups etc and telling me off (in a jokey way) if I haven't taken any (she has put a little purse with change in it into M's bag for extra's!). I never take it if I have my own lo with me as I would have gone anyway.
She also says that M gets excited when she pulls up in the car and can never get M to leave as she is having so much fun. When my ofsted visit was due she sent me a text saying that the inspector will think I'm fantastic as all of my 'parents' do and that she would pop back during the morning if the inspector wanted to chat to a parent. When M was ill last week I said i didn't need her to pay as she is doing 'as and when' half day hours for the hols until she gets a new work contract in Sept but she insisted on paying anyway.

P's Mum who I thought would be the 'tricky' one is a real laugh and we have really hit it off with each other. It is not unusual for her to be here for half an hour at pick up time while we are chatting and laughing about everything and anything.

T's Mum told me that T is always pleased to hear it's the day to come to my house (I only have her on fridays)

All of my parents pay on time and have never quibbled fees.

They all say thank you and get their children to give me a kiss when they go.

They all really appreciate the daily diaries and say they enjoy reading them.

They all wrote lovely positive things on my parental questionnaires and none of them could think of any improvements they would like to make.

They all look at my photo board in the hall and comment on how many things I do with the children

A couple of them have commented on how lovely my own boys are:)

I am very lucky