PDA

View Full Version : Help! Powerpoint presentation

Polly2
07-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Hi all

This is your fault Pip!! :laughing:

After your bright idea I decided to do a power point for a mindee thats leaving. I have had a little play and its going well BUT...how do I fade music at the end of the last slide?

Its taken me ages to get this far - ne tears yet, except tears of frustration at my computor :laughing: :laughing:

Help people!!

nannymcflea
07-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Sorry, no help!

Is this when you put piccies and stuff on a dvd...i need to do this for 3 of mine...might be asking for help too!

Bazza
07-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Hi! Not really ever used powerpoint myself, but did a quick search and came up with this link that may help:

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-908303.php

Not great news though im afraid.

Assuming that you are using an MP3 music file could you not edit the file to fade out at the same time as the presentation? So for example if your presentation runs for 2 mins you can have the fade start at 1.58 mins on the audio track and PP should run them side by side.

Not sure it will work as it is a bit of a cheat IYKWIM.

There are lots of free audio editors out there.

Chatterbox Childcare
07-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Just asking the expert - my DD!

Bazza
07-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Sorry, no help!

Is this when you put piccies and stuff on a dvd...i need to do this for 3 of mine...might be asking for help too!

This is something that you can easily do with Windows Movie Maker. You should have this installed if you have XP or Vista. I use it loads as it is so simple. It will be in your start menu under "All Programs".

Have a play but make sure you save copies of all you video and pictures before hand...:thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
07-08-2009, 02:35 PM
This is something that you can easily do with Windows Movie Maker. You should have this installed if you have XP or Vista. I use it loads as it is so simple. It will be in your start menu under "All Programs".

Have a play but make sure you save copies of all you video and pictures before hand...:thumbsup:

My DD said use the Movie Maker too..

We have tried Powerpoint and cannot get any sound to loop with the pictures

Maybe Pipsqueak will be on soon to pass her beads of knowledge on - I am dying to know now too

Polly2
07-08-2009, 02:51 PM
oooh thanks guys I will go have a nosey at movie maker.

I had to walk away in the end coz computor nearly ended up out the window :eek:

Pipsqueak
07-08-2009, 04:08 PM
To get the music on

click on

Insert
go to sound - sound from file (if you are taking it from your own music files)
Select which one you want.....

it will then upload
once its on click on the sound icon which will show on the slide
go to sound tools at the top of the page (a new tool bar will show)

find 'play sound' top of the page and choose from the drop down - play across slides you can choose where you want it to stop (on a certain slide)
you can then repeat the process if you want if you want two diffrent sets of music.

Bazza
07-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Just a quick thought, if you created it as a movie you can embed it into your website for visitors to watch.:idea:

Polly2
07-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Hey Baz...I not that technical :laughing:

Have got music on there pip just wanted it to fade away at end of last slide. Music is longer than presentation iyswim :) :)

Pipsqueak
07-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Hey Baz...I not that technical :laughing:

Have got music on there pip just wanted it to fade away at end of last slide. Music is longer than presentation iyswim :) :)

make the presentation longer!!! lol I have added in a couple of slides with just words on saying how much I will miss him, love him. The opening slide is with his name on, dates and my business name.

nannymcflea
07-08-2009, 06:20 PM

Thankyou, know where to start now.:thumbsup:

Polly2
07-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Good thinking batman!

I will make it longer...or try anyway hmmmm maybe I should use different music!!

Thanks Pip!