PDA

View Full Version : resources....how much does everyone spend??

It's a small world
07-08-2009, 09:14 AM
Does everyone go mad on resources - carfts/toys etc and do you use them all. I just can't help spend but wonder if I'm going a bit OTT..:eek:

andreaschildcare
07-08-2009, 09:15 AM
I spend probably between £50 and £100 a month

deeb66
07-08-2009, 09:50 AM
When I was minding full time I used to spend anywhere between £50 - £80 per month. A lot used to be used on one off use sorts of things/activities depending on what our focus was at that time. I would obviously also try to buy new toys etc and update as and when.

Now that I am minding 3 days a week I have cut this down to around £30 per month which again is mainly spent on one off usage sort of things..

Dee
xxx

wellybelly
07-08-2009, 09:52 AM
I spend probably between £50 and £100 a month

OMG! My husband would kill me. But I would love to spend that much - I have a wish list.

CARBOOT SALE
CARBOOT SALE
CARBOOT SALE

I get what I can when I have the dosh

angeldelight
07-08-2009, 09:53 AM
Sorry I can not say

Just incase hubby peeps on here

I spend far to much

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I usually say the grandchildren will benefit from it but I do not think hubby believes me ha ha

xxx

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
07-08-2009, 09:56 AM
It depends just lately I haven't spent very much as I have that much stuff already, but I spent £20 last month.

Willowdancer
07-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Very little at the moment. I was the very lucky recipient of a whole pile of toys when my friend who has recently emigrated was clearing out last month, and I get lots of craft stuff from freecycle.

I think I spent £5 on a set of lovely wooden stacking acrobats from our local toyshop last month and that was about it!

:thumbsup:

Rubybubbles
07-08-2009, 11:44 AM
not alot now, but being minding 5 1/2 years now

I do buy crafts and arts about £10-£15 a month, I look after 3 afterschools as well as my own children school age, so we get through loads:rolleyes:

Angela234
07-08-2009, 02:41 PM
varries alot last month spent;

BAKER ROSS £96 ELC £52 EBAY £18 FESTIVAL SHOP £25

CAR BOOTS £16

This month so far; CAR BOOT £8 CRAFTS £12

kellym3
07-08-2009, 03:00 PM
sadly more than i earn only 1 mindee baker ross £33 festival shop £45 thats this week only :eek: must stop spending. ooh forgot toysrus last week £146 good job partner not looking over my shoulder.

charleyfarley
07-08-2009, 03:05 PM
I daren't say how much I spend but it's far too much :blush: Well hubby thinks so anyway :D

I do have the excuse that my 2 will use the things too so I can get away with it.

I'm terrible for buying things in the sales for the following year, then I forget where I've put them (normally in the loft) so have to buy them again :laughing:

Carol xx

miffy
07-08-2009, 04:42 PM
I usually say the grandchildren will benefit from it but I do not think hubby believes me ha ha

xxx

That's it - I need a grandchild!!!!!!!! :laughing:

Not sure hubby would believe me either!

I spend far too much - charity shops are my weakness plus arts and crafts stuff.

Miffy xx

Playmate
07-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Far too much! I now have to keep buying more sheds for storage :laughing:

FizzysFriends
07-08-2009, 05:50 PM
I spend very little!!!

Monkey1
07-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Probably more than i earn!:rolleyes:

mushpea
07-08-2009, 07:57 PM
loads to much!!!!!!!!!!
i go to carboot sales and charity shops for most stuff but am thinking of banning myself from these places, i also use the job as an excuse to buy toys for my kids. like today i bought a 'gears,gears, gears,' robot toy which i wanted for my son but used the excuse that the 5yrold minde would love to play with it, which he does. realy need to stop going in the charity shops!

newandlearning
07-08-2009, 08:07 PM
I've spent far too much too .. and that's a lot (if I'm saying it).. need a house just for childminding really could then use one or two bedrooms for storage.. not buying more right now as no space for it..:blush: :o

tulip0803
07-08-2009, 08:26 PM
Too much:blush: .

Too many lovely things that I can use:laughing:

Bitsy Beans
07-08-2009, 09:24 PM
My son is nearly 4 and my daughter is 12 months. We bought loads of stuff for my son (eg Happyland etc) so stuff like that is taken care of and my daughter had some other ELC stuff for her 1st birthday.
Only have mindee for one day a week and quite frankly she loves everything we've got. I've not actually bought anything for her specifically yet although I've already planned what to get her for her birthday come October (assuming she's still with me ;))

helenlc
08-08-2009, 09:01 PM
I am usually quite careful but lately have gone a little mad!!:blush:

My excuse is that I went from having just a 3 yr old (altho not any more:rolleyes: ) to having a 14 month old and just 2 yr old. I needed more toys aimed at younger ones - especially for the 14 month old who puts everything in her mouth!

I havent been to a car boot sale this year but am considering it tomorrow. Although really I should sort out what I have first before I go buying more!

My weakness is books - I have more than the whole library stock put together!!!:laughing: :laughing:

gegele
08-08-2009, 09:06 PM
my sister in law has decided that she didn't want anymore children...:D i'm going to propose myself to help her with all the toys she doesn't use anymore..!!!!

CCJD
09-08-2009, 06:31 AM
I also spend alot but in my eyes I can either spend a considerable amount of money and get something for the playroom or I can give more to the tax man at the end of the year.
My accounts usually show between £1000-£1500 a year on resources ( every year I buy one big toy purchase , normally just before summer hols (eg: table tennis, trampoline, games console).
My own children are now at school so I have 3 full timers which is great money wise - just begrudge giving the taxman too much.
So I choose spending more money and raising my allowable expenses.
That's my story anyway and I'm sticking to it!!!!!!!!!!!

Chatterbox Childcare
09-08-2009, 07:40 AM
To start off with I did but now I don't have the space so I have some in reserve and buy and I plan.

nokidshere
09-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Hardly anything at all these days. With only one part time in the daytime and the rest after school for less than 2 hours, we already have more than enough after 11 years childminding.

I do like to treat my daytime girly though cos she is incredibly sweet and loves to shop LOL

breezy
09-08-2009, 06:47 PM
too much :eek: