PDA

View Full Version : Registered/accredited?

Lo0py
07-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Not sure if this is in the right place but does anyone now if there is a difference between being registered and accredited?

It is to do with being able to claim the funded childcare for over 3s or have I got the wrong idea?

Pipsqueak
07-08-2009, 09:16 AM
Being Registered is with Ofsted(edited to read - CC, CSSIW or your country/region equivelent sorry guys lol) - legal childminding
Being accredited - you are right you are able to offer nursery type education to 3/4 year olds. To be accredited you need to be in an area that has a CFC (Children come First) network and you have to pass the criteria to get onto that network and maintain it.

andreaschildcare
07-08-2009, 09:17 AM
Yes they are different but I am sure someone can do a better explanation than I can :blush:

Lo0py
07-08-2009, 10:00 AM
Thanks - is there a lot more work in becoming part of a CFC network?

I could see that it might make you more attractive and less likely to lose a mindee when they reach 3 but are there downsides? Is the pay rate still the same?

deeb66
07-08-2009, 10:09 AM
Thanks - is there a lot more work in becoming part of a CFC network?

I could see that it might make you more attractive and less likely to lose a mindee when they reach 3 but are there downsides? Is the pay rate still the same?

Yes there is a lot more involved in becoming part of a Network - more paperwork and more committment.

In order to join a majority of the Networks around the country you have to have been minding for at least a year before you can join - I think it depends upon the area that you are in.

Where abouts in the country are you Lo0py?

You can still become part of a Network without becoming accredited but if you want to do that there is even more paperwork etc that you have to do so it really would take an awful lot of committment on your part.

Rates vary but if you are pulling the Gov funding then it is a set hourly rate for the time that you deliver nursery education.

I am part of a Network but not accredited so don't know an awful lot about that side of things.....I am sure that someone will come along who is and explain better than me.

HTH

Dee

christinajanep
07-08-2009, 10:10 AM
Hi Loopy,

there is slightly more work involved in joining a network but i find it useful as i then have some additional support if i need it form my network co-ordinator, there's quite alot of paperwork involved but if your co-ordinator is as good as mine she/he will support you with it.
My local network offer additional courses and meetings for me to attend and you have to attend so many to remain on the network.
i also get additional resources (books,toys) from being on the network but i guess this is down to funding in your area.

Hope you join

Christina

ps, there is also alot of paperwork involved in becoming accredited as this paperwork is used for the childs transition from you into school is it has to be quite specific, you only get funding for 38 wks of the year which is the same as any child attending school, the hourly rate you are paid is slightly less i believe and then the parents top this up. The funding is issued in 2/3 payments every year so you have to be strict with yourself to not spend it all when it comes in

hope this helps

nannymcflea
07-08-2009, 12:44 PM
I am accredited but for over a year have had no funded children, just the way it works sometimes.
There is extra paperwork to fill in and you have to make sure you are planning for that child and recording towards their early leaning goals.

If they stay with you until school you have to fill in a report that goes to school to say where the child is in each of the areas of the EYFS, it can take hours!:eek:

I like it when a child has some of their funding with me and some with a pre-school/nursery so they are getting a rounded idea of what life is like outside a home setting and what school is going to be like, I do not feel that just being with me is 100% beneficial...but thats just me.

I had to be registered a year before I joined the network and had to make sure everything was up to scratch with policies and planning, this then went to panel to be decided if I could join.

Hope this helps.

childmind04
07-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Not much else to add apart from the funding you get to offer early years can be lower than your hourly rate, think its £3.43 at the moment, for our network you also have to have a good or outstanding in your ofsted report and agree to extra visits from the co-ordinator some of these unannounced, for some reason this put of a few cm's in our area :rolleyes: and also attend regualr training :)