PDA

View Full Version : information and help to start childminding

cherylann
07-08-2009, 08:12 AM
hello
i am looking for some help has to were to start i have contacted the local council to book on a child minding course but where do i go after that and how will i find out what i may need to do to my house before i get approval and what happens if they dont approve you to become a childminder
any help would be welcome
thankyou

Pipsqueak
07-08-2009, 08:43 AM
Once you attend a pre-reg with yoru local authority you should be given all teh paperwork and details you need.

You can look on NCMA and Ofsted websites for information about what is required of you.

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
07-08-2009, 08:44 AM
Good luck if you decide to go ahead with childminding.

wellybelly
07-08-2009, 09:01 AM
As mentioned above, you get this wonderful pack of information from the course. It really all starts from there.

My husband's just done his pre-reg and the pack has doubled in size since I did mine 2 years ago.

You'll really get into the swing of things then - trust me, enjoy the relaxation while it lasts :jump for joy:

It's a small world
07-08-2009, 09:09 AM
You also do 6 modules which cover areas required within childminding such as : safegurading/behaviour/childminding- cover accounts-resources etc/understanding children and so on. You will also need to complete a first aid course before you can register with Ofsted. With regards to what you need for your house you just need to make sure its safe -stair gates./fire guard/locks on cupboards ...you don't need a great deal of toys and resources..but it helps. I have the usual toys cars/prams/dolss/books/music toys etc plus lots of crafty bits..also look into local playgroups- messy play/childminding groups...all this will be explained on your courses once you sign up.....plus everyone on here is very helpful with advice and ideas ..(I had loads and even if you ask a daft question they don't make you feel silly :laughing:
Well good luck and hope you decide to go ahead..hope to speak to you again on here...

hth