PDA

View Full Version : Mindee No Show!

cuffleygirl
07-08-2009, 08:00 AM
Mindee due at 8am not here yet 9am- when do you chase up further?

Tried text parent no response. I must say I'm happy not to have him today as v.busy but a little worried as to whereabouts.

I live in a rural location so parents not tied by train times etc and the drive to work is much quicker during school hols.

nannymcflea
07-08-2009, 08:05 AM
Don't think there is anything you can do. Leave a message, if no response get on with your day, go out, do what you were going to do.

hope nothing untoward has happened but more than likely mum and dad have forgot to set their alarms!

sweets
07-08-2009, 08:10 AM
hi i would prob ring and leave a message, would stay in till about 10 then go out if needed. are they usually reliable on time parents?

andreaschildcare
07-08-2009, 08:14 AM
if they are normally punctual and reliable I would call them again and leave a message. If nothing by 9.30 I would call the emergency contact.

There was a case where a parent and mindee didnt turn up and Mum was found dead at the bottom of the stairs in her house :(

Highly unlikely but things can happen!

angeldelight
12-08-2009, 08:38 AM
What happened in the end ?

Angel xx

cuffleygirl
12-08-2009, 11:30 AM
I left messages everywhere eventually mindee turned up at 11am with Grandad who together with Grandma are looking after him whilst he is not here in school hols and dad is at work. Mindee collected at 3pm.

He is over 8, and has recently cut down from before and after school to just after Dad looking to save cash. We altered school hours at the last contract review to reflect after school only and kept holiday hours the same (8-6) as Dad still wanted me in the hols and wanted to pay a retainer through hols to keep me, the hols is based on daily rate for contract hours - if you follow me?

I suspect that Dad is assuming that if I do only 4 hours rather than the day I will only charge 4 hours (no no) at full rate. He is due again tomorrow and Friday will be interesting to see what hours he does! Its great working less but curtails full days out which I will not do at my expense.

There was a great analogy on here about leaving a hotel early the following morning and expecting a reduced daily rate!