PDA

View Full Version : do you share photos with parents using a photoshare website?

newandlearning
06-08-2009, 08:02 PM
hi there..
am trying to cut photo processing costs and also the task of putting photos into each child's photo album.. thought I'd set up a photo sharing system using some sort of photo website friends sharing thingy.. (ever get the idea I don't really understand it all yet:blush: )..

anyway.. I'm wondering if you may be using a website to print off photos for Learning Journals, make up photo albums for LOs and parents to log into etc etc??

if you do do this? do you like using it? which website do you use? does it save you time and money? shall look forward to hearing more xx thanks a lot!

singlewiththree
06-08-2009, 08:40 PM
I've always been a bit unsure about it so I give the parents it on a USB memory stick at the moment and leave it at that, but I would be interested in the replies

cherry pink
06-08-2009, 08:48 PM
same as paula i put them on a disc or usb stick..might be wrong but think we have to do some official something or other ( not explaining it very well sorry) if we use a sharing site..
i'm sure someone will come along and clarify that if they can unjumble my gobbledy gook :D

zillervalley
06-08-2009, 08:51 PM
not sure what you mean so sorry cant help

I give my parents photos on a disc when they leave, this also doubles up with their observation photos in their file

ziller

helenlc
06-08-2009, 08:52 PM
I put them on a CD for parents

newandlearning
06-08-2009, 09:05 PM
hi .. I think I probably didn't make much sense myself :laughing: :laughing: ..
Photo Box and Kodak Gallery both allow people to download photos into a cyber-kinda photo album and then you can put them on a 'sharing' system where I believe you can send invites to 'friends/parents etc' so they can see pics of their LOs ...

I hadn't thought of putting pics onto a disc or memory card that could equally work well.. but just wondered if anyone did this on-line too.. I equally feel a bit titchy about putting photos on line but just wondered if that was me being a bit not with the times :) xx

Daddy Day Care
06-08-2009, 09:12 PM
id be worried to put them on-line just incase my account got hacked, the pictures could fall into anyones hands

LisaMcNally09
07-08-2009, 07:52 AM
You have to register with Data protection Agency if you are putting photos on internet...well thats what i think you have to do....my ofsted inspector told me that!!

hth

Lisa

It's a small world
07-08-2009, 08:29 AM
You have to register with Data protection Agency if you are putting photos on internet...well thats what i think you have to do....my ofsted inspector told me that!!

hth

Lisa

DOes this include business websites??? I have a permission slip asking parents if I can use photos for promotional reasons and magazines (childminding mags etc) When taking photos that I use on my website I try and do it where the faces are not that close or from an angle..

leesbusybees
07-08-2009, 08:35 AM
Hya, what I have done with one of my parents is registered with tesco online photo album. I only put photos on here that are for work and I then give my parent my username and password and she was able to go on here and look at the pics and order any that she wanted. I am lucky as I trust her enough to do that. I have photo permission that includes permission for this, it's a great way for her too get pics of what her children are up too and doesn't end up costing me a fortune!!! The pics on here only include her children and my own children.

georgie456
07-08-2009, 09:24 AM
I put all pictures on a CD and give them to parents as a Christmas present.
2 birds and 1 stone and all that :D

The Juggler
07-08-2009, 01:56 PM
I did this last year so they could see all of them and then told them to let me know if they wanted any put on cd or memory stick.

They need an invite and a password (their e-mail usually) to get in so it's secure enough. However, then they weren't captioned or anything so I now prefer to give them hard copies in the learning journeys.

jaz
07-08-2009, 02:02 PM
I have just haad one lo finishing, and had so many photos I put them all onto a cd for the parents.