PDA

View Full Version : Trampolines - Clarification (NCMA)

Pipsqueak
06-08-2009, 10:28 AM
Following on from other threads - this is the information that I have already posted and checked with NCMA (MM customers might want to clarify with them)

taken from NCMA handbook08/9

cildminded children are covered when using garden play equipment providing the childminder is with the children at all times and is the person responsible for them. The childminder must also have written permission from the childrens parents

Right I have just phoned NCMA while I typed this (multitasking!!!) and the woman has clarified this for me.

yes our insurance covers us for trampolines (and all other garden play equipment) PROVIDING it is used in accordance with manufacturers guidelines - set up, maintenance etc, we have written permissions, we supervise correctly AND this is the biggie....
if a child under the age of the manufacturers guidelines is using the trampoline they are NOT covered by the insurance.

So I am guessing that child using play equipment not designed for their age group is also not covered by insurance as well (didn't clarify this bit)

her8y
06-08-2009, 11:06 AM
Thanks for that Pipsqeak.

Mollymop
06-08-2009, 11:11 AM
Thanks for that:thumbsup:

jaz
06-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Thanks for that Pip

J

georgie456
06-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Thanks for doing that! Right - I'm off to dismantle half my toys!!!!:D

Playmate
06-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Thanks Pip, we re -wrote our out door play equipment policy at the weekend and our consent form. Does anyone know where we can buy huge bubbles to put the children in so we can protect them?:laughing: :laughing:

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
06-08-2009, 12:27 PM
i find bubble wrap does the trick

nannymcflea
06-08-2009, 12:38 PM
The answer I got from OFSTED was the same but they said insurance would be invalid if a child under the recommended age used eqipment that was recommended for a higher age group. They said this was for ALL outdoor equipment.

Glad NCMA and OFSTED are singing from the same hymn sheet!

Playmate
06-08-2009, 12:42 PM
i find bubble wrap does the trick

Now thats not a bad idea! we could wrap them up tight so they can't move, cut a hole round the nose area so they can breath (does our insurance cover breathing? :rolleyes: )

Sorry pip I have taken this thread away from the serious manner it was meant in. Thank you for doing that ground work, its such a topical subject at the moment (particularly in Hertfordshire) its important we protect ourselves and our livelyhoods and of course the children.

Alibali
06-08-2009, 02:26 PM
I know, lets not let them play!