PDA

View Full Version : still waiting

hayleychildcare
06-08-2009, 09:36 AM
Ok so i now have a flyer up in every local shop window.....
and still the phone isnt ringing.

Im convinced there is someone out there going around behind me taking my flyers down :mad:
otherwise there must be a poster somewhere saying dont use this childminder:angry: .

If my telephone doesnt ring soon im going to sit in the corner of the kitchen and gently rock back and forth.:laughing:

Its not like im newly registered either been minding for 4 years now

jessie1
06-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Dont worry they will call.

Do you advertise on Gumtree, your local Netmums childcare board and www.childcare.co.uk as I found my enquiries all came through them

Good Luck

Mouse
06-08-2009, 09:50 AM
It's so frustrating when you're all ready to start working, but the work isn't there!

It took me a while to get my first mindee. The area where I lived at the time just didn't need childminders. I ended up advertising further afield & picked up work for a lovely lady who lived in the suburb next to me, but worked in the suburb the other side of me - I was right in the middle and perfect for her. Maybe you could spread your flyers a bit further out?

Once I started, I've never been without work, so hang on in there.

Chatterbox Childcare
06-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Are you networking with other minders? Your name might be forwarded on by word of mouth rather than being picked pot luck from the FIS list?

Have you looked at the FIS list to see what others are writing about themselves. Maybe look at yours and see if you can "jazz it" up a little to sell yourself better.

Keep trying it will all come back, just really slow at the moment due to the holidays.

Mollymop
06-08-2009, 12:16 PM
How is business in your area? I know round here it is very quiet at the moment. Have you spoken to your development officer, they usually know about enquiries going around don't they.
Good luck, sending you enquiry vibes, hope the phone rings soon x

Bazza
06-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Where abouts are you located? I might be able to help...:)

Adiamond
07-08-2009, 05:04 AM
Hi, I was in the same boat as you a while back, I advertised in EVERY place I could I am all over the internet my dh posted 250 leaflets and still nothing :( but after a few weeks I got a mindee and since then my phone hasn't stopped ringing and I am pretty much full now :clapping: :clapping:
Just sit tight and I am sure your phone will soon start ringing. :) x x x

polobear1970
07-08-2009, 05:28 AM
As with all the above, but just to say good luck, something will turn up soon i'm sure

Lisa

nannymcflea
07-08-2009, 07:00 AM
I know it's not the right time but schools are a good place, some schools will let you advertise in a newsletter or put flyers out to children. Good luck.

angeldelight
12-08-2009, 08:45 AM
Hope you get some calls soon

Angel xx

hayleychildcare
15-08-2009, 01:18 PM
My phone it rang............... It was collection at a school i couldnt do:angry: At least i know my phone isnt broken now though:jump for joy:

Adiamond
15-08-2009, 02:00 PM
:laughing: x x x