PDA

View Full Version : I have a man in uniform coming to my house.....

It's a small world
05-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Tomorrow a fireman is coming to my house to check fire alarms etc..anyone no what they will check (around the house!!!!!) Also will I get anything (certificate ) to say my house has been fire safety checked ????

LOOPYLISA
05-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Lucky you :thumbsup:

Cazz
05-08-2009, 09:36 PM
No idea I'm afraid, but lucky you!!

Hope he's a dishy one - let us know!

Carole x

nannymcflea
05-08-2009, 09:38 PM
I think they will fit smoke alarms if necessary....so get rid of yours and get a hunky man in uniform to climb a ladder and put some new ones up!:laughing:

Can you get some piccies for a "people who help us" poster?:clapping:

Pipsqueak
05-08-2009, 09:38 PM
lucky you - enjoy:D :D

Tatjana
05-08-2009, 09:42 PM
I think they will fit smoke alarms if necessary....so get rid of yours and get a hunky man in uniform to climb a ladder and put some new ones up!:laughing:

Or could you get piccies for US??? lol!

Hope he's a hunky one...enjoy!

xx

It's a small world
05-08-2009, 09:47 PM

If he comes in his uniform sure....sadly my dh will be home :doh: didn't plan that well did I...plus both boys will be home..they are getting excited as think he will come in a fire engine and were running round the house saying Fireman Sam coming to our house.....think they are going to be disappointed..:(

grindal
06-08-2009, 05:52 AM
They may not be disappointed - mine turned up in uniform and in a fire engine!!!!! It was very exciting, and then half way through the inspection they all disappeared for a "shout".
I got a report form eventually

huggableshelly
06-08-2009, 06:30 AM
When I had mine 2 firemen came in and checked my fire alarms, then they set the alarm off and did a firedrill with us followed by all of the children being allowed on the fire engine and wear the hats and boots.

I did not get a certificate but took lots of pics which Ofsted liked as they were on the wall in the hallway yay me and it prooved I was doing everything to safeguard the mindees and make safety a fun activity too.

hmm might get them out again next year just for the fun of it and to get another man in uniform giggles!

miffy
06-08-2009, 06:32 AM
Have fun and get lots of photos (for us if he's dishy :D ) for Ofsted!

Miffy xx

Bushpig
06-08-2009, 06:34 AM
I had a policeman visit us on Monday... it was wonderful and the kids loved sitting on his motorbike, trying on his helmet.... putting the siren on etc. GREAT learning tool.... I must get onto the firemen though ;)

peanuts
06-08-2009, 07:47 AM
fire brigade are doing a door to door fire safety check in or street for the last few days. fire engine along as well. typical that i have no kids this week as i am on holiday.

It's a small world
06-08-2009, 08:28 AM
Quite excited now..just hope he doesn't comment on the state of my house...not quite immaculate :blush: tidyish(Sp) ..trying to tidy main bits around toys and my boys...hope he comes in his fire engine !!!!! will get lots of pics he comes at 7pm....get the neighbours talking lol :laughing:

Toothfairy
06-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Oh YUM YUM, lucky you.:D

Daddy Day Care
06-08-2009, 02:32 PM
If i got all excited over a nurse comming to see me id get called a pervert, why is it women can get away with this???? lol

Gareth
xx

It's a small world
06-08-2009, 02:47 PM
If i got all excited over a nurse comming to see me id get called a pervert, why is it women can get away with this???? lol

Gareth
xx

because we can :laughing: :laughing:

Pipsqueak
06-08-2009, 02:55 PM

Gareth
xx

you could get excited about the fire crews visiting - they might just have a woman with them!!!!:D

youarewhatyoueat
06-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Its national fire safety day on october 14th, i've registered for a free pack at
www.nationalschoolsfiresafetyday.com

Chimps Childminding
06-08-2009, 05:05 PM
fire brigade are doing a door to door fire safety check in or street for the last few days. fire engine along as well. typical that i have no kids this week as i am on holiday.

Who needs kids for a visit from a fireman???????:D

MissTinkerbell
07-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Who needs a fireman to have a man in uniform coming to the house - I'm married to one - a man in uniform that is - not a fireman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laughing:

It's a small world
07-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Our local fire station have an open day in a couple of weeks so going to get some pics and ifno there as welll

Rubybubbles
08-08-2009, 08:18 AM
Its national fire safety day on october 14th, i've registered for a free pack at
www.nationalschoolsfiresafetyday.com

thanks for this, what a good site