PDA

View Full Version : help what have i done?

sweets
05-08-2009, 08:48 PM
i was just playing about and clicked on quick links then mark forums read and its changed everything! now when i click on new posts it comes up as no new threads whereas before i had a long list of todays posts which i could click on and see the latest post i hadn't read!
How do i get it back to how it was?

FizzysFriends
05-08-2009, 08:58 PM
You can't go back once you have marked them as read, instead just for now until it corrects itself go to quick links and todays posts.

sweets
05-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Thankyou i think i understand what ive done now! everything just disapeared!

ORKSIE
05-08-2009, 09:04 PM
i was just playing about and clicked on quick links then mark forums read and its changed everything! now when i click on new posts it comes up as no new threads whereas before i had a long list of todays posts which i could click on and see the latest post i hadn't read!
How do i get it back to how it was?

I did that when i first started on the forum, I dont click on anyhing now incase i cock it up again:panic:

Chimps Childminding
05-08-2009, 09:07 PM
Thats what I did today as well!!!! Serves me right for clicking on things I don't understand!!!! I was reading a thread that said about marking them as read, but I thought it just meant the one you were on, and lost them all!!! :angry:

sweets
05-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Its still not right!! now when iclick on new posts i only see the threads with new posts in them and not the old ones as well. even the ones i havn't read.

ZoeAlli
05-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Thank you for that! I did it the other day but used the quick link and today's posts like fizzysFriends has mentioned!!
How annoying! Won't be doing that again!!:blush:
:)

sweets
05-08-2009, 09:16 PM
WELL i think that button needs a big warning by it saying DO NOT CLICK ON THIS!:laughing: completely messed my system of checking posts up!:laughing:

sweets
06-08-2009, 08:20 AM
phew back to normal this morn!

Minstrel
06-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Its still not right!! now when iclick on new posts i only see the threads with new posts in them and not the old ones as well. even the ones i havn't read.

Its because you told the system that you had read them and so it won't ever show them again until somone posts on it again and then it will show up as unread again.

Glad you have new posts to read again this morning :)