PDA

View Full Version : National play day

Alibali
05-08-2009, 06:41 PM
What a great day we have had today, the council organised a playday for all children and what a success it was.

What a great time we had. Something for all the age groups. My own were playing baseball, hockey, javelin and football and there were loads of team games etc for all ages. It was really sweet watching the littlies taking part in races etc.

There were bouncy castles and face painting and they had even set up tables for picnics etc.

Even the weather was great. They will all sleep tonight [BigGrin]

I love a free day out:)

nannymcflea
05-08-2009, 06:54 PM
sound like a fab day out.:D

mumof4
05-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Stockport had a playday too and it was great, esp the fact that it was sunny and not raining like the last two years!

mushpea
05-08-2009, 07:03 PM
sounds great but as per usual our concil had done nothing, didnt seem to know what i was talking about when i emailed them earlyier in the hols

louise
05-08-2009, 07:29 PM
We had a great day aswell. I wasn't working but ds had great fun getting covered in shaving foam, paint and the slip and slide. He fell over loads luckily the paint came out of his clothes. Didnt get to go on bouncy castle or face paint as the que was huge.

FizzysFriends
05-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Ours is tomorrow, hope the rain holds out but it looks like its going to be a good day.

chewy sweets
05-08-2009, 08:12 PM
:thumbsup: Glad you had a great day!

miffy
05-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Sounds like you had a great time.

You must have had better weather than we did!

Miffy xx

childmind04
05-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Sounds like a good day out :)

I had a day at the allotment with some other minders and familes who we mind for, we made japanese wind socks/kites and necklaces, painted and drew and all our usualy allotment work, it was lovely :) weather was fantastic :eek:

Daddy Day Care
05-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Sounds fantastic, wish they did something like that around here

cherry pink
06-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Sounds fantastic, wish they did something like that around here

gareth ours is on tuesday at irthlingborough country park

sarahlou
06-08-2009, 05:02 PM
We had a great day too lots to do and the sun was shining:clapping:

Daddy Day Care
06-08-2009, 07:54 PM
gareth ours is on tuesday at irthlingborough country park

Doh, I know about this lol :blush: tried to arrange a meet up there in another thread :blush:

kellywestie
06-08-2009, 10:47 PM
We are only a small town here in North Wales and our Town Council have put on a free play scheme every Tues, Wed and Thurs afternoon from 2 - 4 every week during the summer hols at the local playing fields. There are 2 play workers who give the children ideas but then step back and let them play. This is the 2nd summer they have arranged this and it is very popular. How lucky are we - it is such a bonus :clapping:

Yesterday for National Play Day there was a Pirate theme. The children and play workers dressed up, including the Mayor and her husband, there were games and treasure and the children decorated discs with a pirate theme and these were then made into badges which the children could take home along with a Pirate certificate saying that they had taken part.

The kids I look after love it down there so it's great those afternoons, they get to meet up with friends, and have new people to play with, and I get to meet up with friends and a couple of other childminders. :jump for joy: