PDA

View Full Version : just had the strangest enquiry

chewy sweets
05-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Something about the whole call didn't seem right!
Man looking for overnight care for his liitle boy. He's an exotic dancer who does house parties.
I asked for his address to post info and said he didn't have a permanent address because he was moving. I asked for email address and said it was down and not running. Asked for a phone number and he said it was awkward to give one?????
He wants to come for a home visit at the end of August.
He kept on going on how girls in my area are wild!!!:eek:
Does anyone else think i should be concerned???????:panic:

Hebs
05-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Does anyone else think i should be concerned???????:panic:

erm............... YES :eek:

he could be a perv :panic:

he could be dishy :blush:

but i'd avoid like the plague

sweets
05-08-2009, 06:12 PM
oh that is weird!! did you arrange for him to come round? i don't think i would have. If you have make sure there is someone with you when he comes:panic:

zillervalley
05-08-2009, 06:13 PM
wow yes I do, he cant be genuine can he? think i would back away from this one, speak to your co-ordinater

ziller

Star
05-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Mmmmm, I don't like pre-judging, but definately. Are you going ahead with visit? :panic:

Mouse
05-08-2009, 06:18 PM
Did you dial 1471 to see if there was a phone number left?

It does sound like a wind up. Do you know anyone who would do it for a laugh (not that it's very funny!)?

ORKSIE
05-08-2009, 06:19 PM
AVOID AVOID AVOIDSounds scary:eek:

nannymcflea
Sounds a little dodgy, I'd phone OFSTED and see if there has been any other reports. You could also ring your local police, not 999, and report it to them too.
If he is a pervert then he needs reporting now before he does get into a childminding setting and causes trouble.

If he's genuine then he's a very strange one!

chewy sweets
Mmmmm, I don't like pre-judging, but definately. Are you going ahead with visit? :panic:

To be honest you've all confirmed what i was thinking! That's why i aked for a phone number to cancel but he wouldn't give me one!
I think i'll be out that evening. The other strange thing is i haven't given him my address and haven't advertised it anywhere but he didn't ask for it either!
So don't know how he thinks he's getting here?

chewy sweets
05-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Did you dial 1471 to see if there was a phone number left?

It does sound like a wind up. Do you know anyone who would do it for a laugh (not that it's very funny!)?

Yeh did 1471 always do but his number was withheld!:panic:

Tinglesnark
05-08-2009, 06:27 PM
ooooooooooooooooh dodge city!

probs just some kids that got hold of your number from a flyer or some other advertising, if they call again give them the number of your local cop shop and tell them to call there with their ';enquiries'

psml

x

FussyElmo
05-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Avoid like the plague honey...and inform your early years team.

Did he say he knew your address if so investigate how!!!

Mouse
05-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Yeh did 1471 always do but his number was withheld!:panic:

Makes it sound even more dodgy, doesn't it?

There's a good chance it was a wind up rather than something sinister. If you've not advertised, how would he know about you unless he knew you?
If you do find out it was a 'joke' I hope you make someone suffer!

chewy sweets
05-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Avoid like the plague honey...and inform your early years team.

Did he say he knew your address if so investigate how!!!

No didn't say he knew it but wanted to arrange a home visit. Coming 24th August but never actually gave him my address and he didn't ask. May have a phone call again from him requesting it( if he doesn't already know it!):panic:

Tatjana
05-08-2009, 06:32 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: Scarey mary!!!!

xx

chewy sweets
05-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Makes it sound even more dodgy, doesn't it?

There's a good chance it was a wind up rather than something sinister. If you've not advertised, how would he know about you unless he knew you?
If you do find out it was a 'joke' I hope you make someone suffer!

Have put some leaflets out but nothing with my address on.

chewy sweets
05-08-2009, 06:47 PM
he also said that he could get a call to go to work at anytime and might need to bring his lo over at midnight or later:panic:
Just didn't seem right!

Gizmo
05-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Def sounds a bit odd I wonder what Mum is doing when Dad is out exotic dancing :laughing:

georgie456
05-08-2009, 06:55 PM
That all sounds very odd... especially the bit about the possibility of his child being dropped off at midnight!!!

I would go with your gut instinct and avoid this one. If he calls back, I'd be saying i have no spaces....

Chimps Childminding
05-08-2009, 06:56 PM
I would try and arrange for someone else to be with you on the 24th, especially if you haven't given him your address and he shows up!:panic:

Surely he will have to contact you again to arrange time to visit - if so I would be inclined to say that you are sorry but you don't have a vacancy! do you really want a call at midnight to have a lo?

Chatterbox Childcare
05-08-2009, 07:00 PM
You could have a secret stalker!!

chewy sweets
05-08-2009, 07:00 PM
I would try and arrange for someone else to be with you on the 24th, especially if you haven't given him your address and he shows up!:panic:

Surely he will have to contact you again to arrange time to visit - if so I would be inclined to say that you are sorry but you don't have a vacancy! do you really want a call at midnight to have a lo?

supposed to be coming at 5pm??? but what can i do now???? i don't have his phone number to cancel!!!!!!!!!:panic:

cabby
05-08-2009, 07:06 PM
id make sure you had someone with you.....
quite a few friends actually...maybe some drink....a bit of music,,,,and

LOADS OF BABY OIL:happy banana: :happy banana: :happy banana:
sorry just my mind going into over drive:blush:

chewy sweets
05-08-2009, 07:09 PM

:ROFL1: :ROFL1:

georgie456
05-08-2009, 07:09 PM

:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

a bit of Club Tropicana maybe??!!

Chell
05-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Sounds like someone winding you up.

When we were selling our caravan we had a prank call. They had a bowel complaint and wanted to come round to try ou the toilet. They asked what a cassette toilet was and did it play music. :laughing:

chewy sweets
05-08-2009, 08:24 PM
This is just my luck!! Wait for the phone to ring and when it does it's a
weirdo!!!:laughing:

Tatjana
05-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Is it your hubby seeing how you'd cope with an oddball call?!

xx

Tatjana
05-08-2009, 08:28 PM

xx

Errm, then again, you would recognise his voice! :blush: :doh:

xx

Chimps Childminding
05-08-2009, 08:28 PM
supposed to be coming at 5pm??? but what can i do now???? i don't have his phone number to cancel!!!!!!!!!:panic:

Just hope he doesn't turn up but have someone there just in case!!! or arrange to be out and if he rings later to say he called, say that as he hadn't rung for your address you gathered he had made alternative arrangements!:D

chewy sweets
05-08-2009, 08:29 PM

xx

Wish it was but he was standing next to me when i was taking the call! lol xx:laughing:

rickysmiths
05-08-2009, 08:55 PM
I wouldn't touch it.

Unfortunately our address can be displayed by the Environmental Health Dept on line if you are registered with them. Because we are now registered food premises. No one explained to anyone and unless we give a business name we are listed in our own name as a childminder with our full address on a list on the internet that is accessible to the public.

I was shocked and when I found out and rang them I explained I thought this was a Child Protection issue and that not even Ofsted published our addresses. The only thing they could suggest was to give a business name which would then be published with the address and it wouldn't state you are a childminder. I made up a name that I don't use for childminding so it doesn't stand out.

I won't give an address or invite anyone round unless they give me their full address and a land line number. I then deliver a brouchure to them by hand and usually knock on the door. This way I have made contact and established they are genuine before I waste time on an interview.

manjay
05-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Sounds like someone winding you up.

When we were selling our caravan we had a prank call. They had a bowel complaint and wanted to come round to try ou the toilet. They asked what a cassette toilet was and did it play music. :laughing:

:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

wendywu
05-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Can the police trace a withheld number.

I would not be alone on the 24th. As soon as he said he did not have a phone no and would have to drop a child at midnight i would have hung up on him. I would not have arranged a date at all.

It's a small world
05-08-2009, 10:26 PM
I'd be concerned...just got settled about DH worried about me being on this forum (anyones oh worried post--very long) now I'm gonna have to watch out for dodgy enquiries (SP) :eek: :eek:

Would def avoid this one though...

childmind04
05-08-2009, 10:36 PM

had to laugh at this, so fuuny :D
Its a bit wierd but nothing suprises me now :) and i did know a lady lapdancer who used a cm :)

Daddy Day Care
05-08-2009, 10:36 PM
Shoudl he ring again tell him your full but you know someone with a space and send him around mine, may get a bit of a shock :D

As the girls have said, make sure someone is with you, i'm sure its someone just messing around with you but better to be safe than sorry

Gareth
xx

childmind04
05-08-2009, 10:37 PM
Shoudl he ring again tell him your full but you know someone with a space and send him around mine, may get a bit of a shock :D

Gareth
xx

Right thats it i am off, my sides are hurting after reading some of the threads tonight :laughing:

charliegee
05-08-2009, 10:40 PM
erm............... YES :eek:

he could be a perv :panic:

he could be dishy :blush:

but i'd avoid like the plague

hahaha "he could be dishy!" that made me laugh out loud!! :laughing:

Seriously though - that sounds very odd and I'd avoid - saying girls are wild is a bit weird and I think I'd give this one a very very wide birth!!!

Gosh!! x

Joannechildmind
05-08-2009, 10:46 PM
He sounds weird, dont answer the door that night and make sure someone is with you incase. If he phones tell him you have no vacancies.

The Juggler
06-08-2009, 07:33 AM
aw shame. Might be just some poor single dad trying to make ends meet with this job! you never know. how many girls you know have been to see the chippendales. he might be one of them!!!

wendywu
06-08-2009, 07:39 AM
Tell him unless he has an address and home phone and mobile numbers you are not willing to enter into any form of contact.

DO NOT let him into your home if he does materialise?